Frog Morton Cellar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpkrause

Reaction score
I just tried it for the first time tonight. It was perfect. Mild and flavorful.. is that even possible, but somehow FMC does just that. The best part is the depth of flavor. The flavors washes over your tongue in waves. First the smokey latakia, then the smooth tobacco, and finally the sweet whiskey. This is one for the first tobaccos I have had that made me think "I need to have a large stash of this my cellar at all times."

Similar but better, FMC definitely has more depth. I really liked Frog Morton, I love FMC. This next paycheck I will be purchasing at least 8 ounces for long term storage.

This one didn't really do it for me. I was hoping for something that with a stronger base and less topping. I did like it better than the Stave Age though. That one didn't do it for me at all.

i bought a tin of this with my first tobacco purchase. lit up ad didn't like it at all. put it in a mason jar and it sat now for a few months. decided to give it another go and really really enjoyed it this morning/last night. (lit up last night, but soon discovered my porch won't keep me dry when it's raining :cry: )

i'm pretty stoked on this blend right now. it's sweet, smokes cool if you don't puff like a choo-choo, and has a good flavor too it i can't put my finger on. had it before breakfast mainly because i like the idea of whisky before breakfast. i'll probably pick up a big un and cellar it. I've got way too much tobacco right now though.

Dave_In_Philly":lein86k8 said:
This one didn't really do it for me. I was hoping for something that with a stronger base and less topping. I did like it better than the Stave Age though. That one didn't do it for me at all.
This.

8)

Well now I've smoked a few bowls of the FMC, as well as mixing two mini batches of a) 1/3 FMC to 2/3 C&D Star of the East and b) 2/3 FMC to 1/3 SotE, letting them sit for a week, and trying those. Batch "b" was may favorite of the three but overall it's still too sweet for me. I'm going to trade my remaining 2.7 OZ via Reddit as I've haven't been around these parts long enough for that.

My final opinion is that FMC has a great tin note, but should really be considered a full aromatic. The Latakia is barely there. If you like really creamy, vanilla-y whiskey (think Buffalo Trace) - and you like to smoke aros - I'd recommend this. Otherwise, I'd recommend drinking the whiskey and smoking something else.

Bluefisher":bdqw3gbz said:
Well now I've smoked a few bowls of the FMC, as well as mixing two mini batches of a) 1/3 FMC to 2/3 C&D Star of the East and b) 2/3 FMC to 1/3 SotE, letting them sit for a week, and trying those. Batch "b" was may favorite of the three but overall it's still too sweet for me. I'm going to trade my remaining 2.7 OZ via Reddit as I've haven't been around these parts long enough for that.

My final opinion is that FMC has a great tin note, but should really be considered a full aromatic. The Latakia is barely there. If you like really creamy, vanilla-y whiskey (think Buffalo Trace) - and you like to smoke aros - I'd recommend this. Otherwise, I'd recommend drinking the whiskey and smoking something else.
Along those lines, I have found that SOTE takes very nicely to 1Q.

Though, it is pretty sweet in its own right.

Bluefisher":5epd5abm said:

sorry, off topic, but what subreddit do you use to trade tobacco? i've got a ton of tobacco i would like to swap out

somedumbjerk":bc8butpp said:
Bluefisher":bc8butpp said:

sorry, off topic, but what subreddit do you use to trade tobacco? i've got a ton of tobacco i would like to swap out
Come on man, you already hit the 30 day mark, post 13 more times and you trade all the baccy you want right here. :cheers:

Dave_In_Philly":wmilkfab said:
somedumbjerk":wmilkfab said:
Bluefisher":wmilkfab said:

Come on man, you already hit the 30 day mark, post 13 more times and you trade all the baccy you want right here. :cheers:
yeah started looking around a bit more and saw some of that. i'm into it. going to do an inventory during taking breaks on trying to make a pipe or two this weekend and get that started! kinda digging this site the more I look around, feels much more like a community than other hobby sites I've been part of.

Dave_In_Philly":c4d3i3s2 said:
somedumbjerk":c4d3i3s2 said:
Bluefisher":c4d3i3s2 said:

Nope, I don't hit the 30 day mark until 12/2! I'm quite looking forward to it.