From Spain

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
From the bench of Pipemaker, Luis Castaño of Spain comes this oval shank Billiard made from Olivewood. Keeping it smokey with F&T Cut Virginia Plug.
banjo

36361273000_acc3457063_z_d.jpg

My kind of bowl and shank, simply GORGEOUS :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

His pipes are a real value I paid $49.95 plus shipping for this pipe, unbelievable!
banjo

Lonecoyote":i7x7esc5 said:
My kind of bowl and shank, simply GORGEOUS :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Banjo ":2ma2ttgh said:
His pipes are a real value I paid $49.95 plus shipping for this pipe, unbelievable!banjo
WOW, what a deal. When you have time can/may you please post his link. Greatly appreciated.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Banjo,
 Just asked the maker the cost of this pipe shipped to me in US dollars. What a beautiful grain. Nice stem, button and inlay work!!  Many other views of this pipe on his website. He has many great looking pipes ready to sell.

Also asked if he can make a pipe with a 7/8" diameter to the chamber.

1Hi3Dte.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I've wanted to try olivewood for a long time. I didn't know where to start (that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it). I like this one. Thanks for the link!

Just be advised his workmanship is spot on, the bowl work is excellent as is the drilling it eats a pipe cleaner down to the bowl. His stems are well finished but don't always fit totally flush with the shank, if you are anal about this it truly is an easy fix but it seems this is how he makes them with a minor gap and I do mean minor, cheers.
banjo

Banjo, easy fix for me. Plus I like his work. Thanks again.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

fishnbanjo":4vmf5nrs said:
His stems are well finished but don't always fit totally flush with the shank, if you are anal about this it truly is an easy fix but it seems this is how he makes them
Wonder why he does that? :suspect:

Banjo,
Excellent communication with Luis Castaño. If he's able to hold the pipe I pictured prior until September 14th I will definitely purchase it. How can you beat the price of $65.00 delivered from Spain on that great looking pipe. If you have the patience to break in Olivewood it will last a lifetime. NOT MR. BROG's OLIVEWOOD THOUGH... only pipe that was not defective and I burnt a hole thru the wall in under 30 smokes. No response too any of my emails so I guess there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! I felt bad because it was a Father's Day gift from my daughter in 2015. :( :(

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote, it's stuff like what you've posted I've seen repeatedly and any thoughts of obtaining one of his pipes is so far off the radar it might as well be on the moon.
banjo

Banjo,
He's holding the pipe until September 14th. Thanks for the recommendation. Enjoy the rest of your day.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!