Fruitcake.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarheel7734

Reaction score
A few years ago i was sent an amazing fruitcake and i cant remember where it came from. It was made by eather a church or abbey in the US. I am a lover of fruitcake as long as it is a good one and is moist. Who else likes them and where do you get them?

Fruit cake I never had a good one. I'll have to order one if possible. But I love money bread! That was our family's fruit cake

I am a fruitcake lover as well. I never got why they are butt of so many jokes?? Heck if someone gives you one for Christmas and you don't want it send it my way.  :D   :D

The fruitcake from Southern Supreme  is a good one. It is made with more nuts and real dried fruit, instead of the candied fruit you normally see in fruitcakes. Well worth a try. Made right here in North Carolina as well.

MMM fruitcake. Lve fruitcake, just seem to limit myself to what the local grocery store sells. Not real fruitcake but oh well.. Maybe get out the plastic and order a good one from one of the above links. Thanks folks!

I had a bad experience as a child with fruit cake... first time eating it found a moldy piece of fruit in it ( half way through eating some) been scarred for life ever since.... maybe i should give her a another try.

swhipple":ah9h5hlm said:
I am a fruitcake lover as well. I never got why they are butt of so many jokes?? Heck if someone gives you one for Christmas and you don't want it send it my way.  :D   :D

The fruitcake from Southern Supreme  is a good one. It is made with more nuts and real dried fruit, instead of the candied fruit you normally see in fruitcakes. Well worth a try. Made right here in North Carolina as well.
I'm not a big fruitcake fan, but the mere mention brings back fond memories of Johnny Carson.   :lol:

When I was growing up we lived next to a Croation couple and she was a great baker. She baked fruit cakes and topped them with rum and would age them. They were phenomenal but every other fruitcake was judged by what she made. I still like fruitcake with a good cup of coffee.

My only Fruitcake I crave is from Texas, Collins Bakery, order every year and put an extra in freezer, small servings vacumn wrapped. It's the Best.

My grandmother used to make the absolute best fruitcake. I have never tasted better. I wish I had the recipe.

My wife picked up two of those "pound cake with some stuff in it" fruitcakes from the grocery store. Told her not to get anymore..