Frustrated with Ebay

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinH

Reaction score
So, I imagine like many of you fine gentlemen on this board, I am frustrated with the sniping on Ebay. I've recently bid on several pipes, most of which I placed a high-bid way above what I thought was reasonable, only to be sniped by 3-7 cents. Now, I understand it's a free economy, etc. etc. etc., ad nauseum. However, I wanted to share a site I found (this may or may not be new to you) where I think some pretty good deals are available. It is, however, not an auction site, but a place where people sell things they no longer need.

The site is www.etsy.com

Last night I bought a very nice Jobey -
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/61832073?utm_source=transaction&utm_medium=trans_email&utm_campaign=purchase_ftb_alt

But I've also found some cool and unusual things, such as this one:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/71901533/indian-artifact-smoking-pipe-bowl?ref=sr_gallery_29&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=smoking+pipe&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage

I think some things are over prices, but I also think you can find some decent deals. Of course, watch out for the plethora of Ukranian pipes made from everything, but briar.

At any rate, I thought I'd share. The Jobey I purchased was merely on looks, no other determinant, but I hope it will smoke well.

Martin

Thanks for sharing those Links MartinH!

Congrats on the Jobey!

Thanks for the link to that site, I checked it out and I like it. Nice score on that Jobey, its a great looking pipe indeed.

*shrug*

eBay is a frustrating place for many, many reasons. I've been yearning for an alternative for years.

Great score, indeed!

One reason why I sell my pipes here or on other boards.

I was watching a old, worn but decent looking Comoys prince today. I had to help my daughter move, so instructed my wife to up my bid from $21 to $22. She forgot and it went for $22.....

riff raff":l0nakqzt said:

I was watching a old, worn but decent looking Comoys prince today. I had to help my daughter move, so instructed my wife to up my bid from $21 to $22. She forgot and it went for $22.....
If you bid $22.00 it probably would of went for $23.00. I get snipped likt that all the time.

SPUD 15":mv2uxjfr said:
riff raff":mv2uxjfr said:

If you bid $22.00 it probably would of went for $23.00. I get snipped likt that all the time.
Yep, and it was probably only worth $20 anyway. I told the wife not to sweat it.

Speaking of Comoy's, refurbished one I told my friend to buy, nice grained "Tradition." Why I didn't buy that pipe, I don't know... it's amazing. But my friend is cool and deserved an equally-cool pipe! It was in rough shape but looks choice, now! 8)