Fujima Lighter Adventure and Review - It's mediocre to sucky

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PipeDreams":uhchp5ny said:
Loved the AR/AK analogy. I guess that makes a Mini Bic a Hi-Point C-9. :lol: Cheap and disposable!
I was thinking Kel-Tec, but hey... :lol!:

Kyle Weiss":chhsqzag said:
PipeDreams":chhsqzag said:
Loved the AR/AK analogy. I guess that makes a Mini Bic a Hi-Point C-9. :lol: Cheap and disposable!
I was thinking Kel-Tec, but hey... :lol!:
I was thinking Kel-Tec at first too, but they don't have Bic-like reliability. Then again, the P-32 does have the mini factor down! :clown:

Keep me updated on it--so far, the IMCO is working okay, the Fujima is just sitting around (still sort of working) and the Zippo is a backup. $28 shipped is right in the ballpark. Thanks! 8)

Will do! New toby, new lighter, and new pipes on the way: it's going to be a good month!

PipeDreams":z7f9qcsk said:
Will do! New toby, new lighter, and new pipes on the way: it's going to be a good month!
Eff yes! :cheers: I'm hoping to make March a better one--though I will likely have to pay taxes this year. Boooo.

Kyle Weiss":ijf8n98h said:
PipeDreams":ijf8n98h said:
Eff yes! :cheers: I'm hoping to make March a better one--though I will likely have to pay taxes this year. Boooo.
Wish you hadn't brought up the dreaded 't' word :cry:

Kyle Weiss":l2uehop2 said:
Sorry, I'll bring up a good "T" word: tobacco! :cheers:
That's better! 1:46 pm now: won't be able to smoke until 8 at the earliest. It's going to be a long day.

You have that to look forward to, though--I have a weird allergy/cold thing going on and I probably won't be able to smoke for days. See? Grass is greener. :p Heheheh

8)

Yikes: sorry to hear that! Yeah, I guess the grass is greener :alien: on this side, at least as far as smoking goes! Hope you feel better!

Bah, just gives my immune system/histamine responses something to do. Obviously they were bored. I'll be right as rain soon.

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I had terrible bronchitis in December: glad I don't smoke cigarettes anymore! I feel a million times better without em.

Kyle Weiss":g1t2a034 said:
F___ cigarettes. Quit 'em over 10 years ago, good riddance.
Absolutely! I never smoked them regularly--ok, that's a lie, but usually no more than 1-2 a day. Still, I feel much better without them in my life.

Here's the Colibri with one of my little Spydercos: they match beautifully.

2825CIMG7819.JPG

Kyle Weiss":amcixh89 said:
I'd carry both of those--in a heartbeat! Nice! 8)
Thanks Kyle! So far so good with the lighter: it lights the first time every time and stays lit until the lid closes. I have to use up the fuel and refuel it a couple of times and change out the flint at least once to see if it's really going to hold up.

Today I learned you can salvage the flints from disposable lighters and use them in a variety of lighters. Took a Clipper apart and tried dropping the flint into my Colibri. It worked beautifully, and it's longer than the one that was in my Colibri, meaning it'll last longer. I was wondering where I was going to get spares from. Looks like I won't have to look too far. :cheers:

Been doin' that for years. Back in my punk rock days (the first set, anyway... :lol: ) my original Zippo would need to be fed flints, and pickin' up expired Bics and other lighters usually yielded better flints than what you could buy in the packs. Make it a habit of gathering dead lighters and grab the flints, and you'll end up with more than you know what to do with--and wonder why people even buy them. :lol: That's part of the reason why my original prerequisites for a lighter at the start of this thread was a flint ignition. 8) Old habits die hard.

Kyle Weiss":08xydaos said:
Been doin' that for years. Back in my punk rock days (the first set, anyway... :lol: ) my original Zippo would need to be fed flints, and pickin' up expired Bics and other lighters usually yielded better flints than what you could buy in the packs. Make it a habit of gathering dead lighters and grab the flints, and you'll end up with more than you know what to do with--and wonder why people even buy them. :lol: That's part of the reason why my original prerequisites for a lighter at the start of this thread was a flint ignition. 8) Old habits die hard.
I really like that I can salvage flints--I don't like wasting stuff, so it totally made my day. Now I need to find some good butane locally. It looks like the only good butane in town is going to be somewhere like Dunhill!