Fun contest

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet Dottle

Reaction score
I have an item in the Trading Post, a razor that was photographed on top of a map. The first to post here what the map is about, i.e., the event that is depicted there, will win a tin of Dunhill Nightcap.

Note that the razor has already been sold.

Wet Dottle":4utmv121 said:
Cartaphilus":4utmv121 said:
WWII France?
Need to be more specific, man.
I'm just guessing here but, the town of Nivelles rings a bell as to a town in France that was in a movie and they were protecting a bridge, "Saving Private Ryan" Hey, that's all I got sir.
Just guessing, not old enough to have served there. ;)

My guess is it was a battle between Napoleon (France) and the Prussians. Which, I don't know. I see Halle to the far left in one of the photos. That'd put it in Germany.

DireWolf":urmghk3l said:
Battle of the Five Armies from the Hobbit?
LOL. No, it's from a real battle, not a fantasy one. Some of you are getting close, but no dice yet. The key now is in the precise location of the armies.

Okay, My final guess, The Battle of Nivelle, France 1813. :scratch:

You guys are close, but looking at the wrong place. Look at where the armies are engaging in battle. You guys are so kicking yourselves when you find out...

OT....I was looking at set of photos of the 1917 offensive That came up in my search. 7th picture in shows a group in the trenches looking out. One of them is smoking a pipe.

Cartaphilus":g0nwouug said:
Waterloo?
We have a winner!!!! Good going, Cart. PM me your address for the prize. And thanks to all that participated.