Fun diagnosis

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Got back from the docs recently with a diagnosis of spinal arthritis. Yay.

Been having pins and needles and stabbing pains down my left arm for a while now and my doc sent me for an MRI.

There's arthritis in my neck causing pinched nerves.

Doc has put me on Lyrica but that's not doing anything for me yet though I've only been on it for a week and a half.

Hoping it will kick in soon as some relief would be nice.

Tim

I’ve got spinal arthritis too. Comes and goes. Take ibuprofen. I get numb or bright patches at locations affected by the related nerves. One time the whole left side of my face went out! Spooky. But I don’t find it to be a huge issue. You can’t really treat the cause so I just treat the symptoms and keep on ticking…on to the next thing. I guess I’m pleased to be here to bitch about it.

Got back from the docs recently with a diagnosis of spinal arthritis. Yay.

Been having pins and needles and stabbing pains down my left arm for a while now and my doc sent me for an MRI.

There's arthritis in my neck causing pinched nerves.

Doc has put me on Lyrica but that's not doing anything for me yet though I've only been on it for a week and a half.

Hoping it will kick in soon as some relief would be nice.

Tim
Sorry to hear old mate, I read somewhere drinking copious amounts of bunderberg rum alleviates all that ails ya. Mind you I know a few people that are allergic to it, they always get a bloody nose if they drink too much 😉

I’ve got spinal arthritis too. Comes and goes. Take ibuprofen. I get numb or bright patches at locations affected by the related nerves. One time the whole left side of my face went out! Spooky. But I don’t find it to be a huge issue. You can’t really treat the cause so I just treat the symptoms and keep on ticking…on to the next thing. I guess I’m pleased to be here to bitch about it.
Yes blacky Up until i was about 40 i could probably count the Panadols i had on one hand but since i have had lupus and fibro Ibuprofen is like a miracle drug for me. Works almost instantly for the pain and inflammation.👍

Sorry to hear old mate, I read somewhere drinking copious amounts of bunderberg rum alleviates all that ails ya. Mind you I know a few people that are allergic to it, they always get a bloody nose if they drink too much 😉

Hehehe mate, would take that medicine If my nose could actually let me drink it...

Cheers mate, have been on the ibuprofen on and off with the pain but it don't do much for the pins and needles. And scary thought about having your face go numb, and not from booze...

I read in another post that you're not drinking enough water! I'd also keep a journal of food, activity, sleeping postion, and anything else that could make one day worse than another.

Thanks for your concern Bali, I'm reformed now, that was the past me. I now keep up my fluids.

And good idea on the diary. Sadly it seems sitting at a desk typing is what sets my shoulder off, guess what I do all day for a living...

Yes blacky Up until i was about 40 i could probably count the Panadols i had on one hand but since i have had lupus and fibro Ibuprofen is like a miracle drug for me. Works almost instantly for the pain and inflammation.👍
Just be careful with it. I used to down ibuprofin like candy. If I pulled a muscle lifting I would go home down 24 mg a day for a couple of days. Then found out it was messing up my kidneys. Now I'm off nsaids altogether except for the occasional excedrin which has aspirin.

I don't know your problem, but I do have the occasional sciatica and lower back blow out. Stretching helps A LOT. I don't do it enough. It really should be part of my daily routine. I exercise 5 days a week, but the stretching is a bigger chore than sweating. I can't give a reason. I've read that yoga would be a smart move for me. Anyone in your line of doctors recommended yoga, or at least stretches? I realize arthritis is a different issue than nerve tomfoolery, but I can't imagine it would hurt anyone older. Just a thought. and best of luck.

Just be careful with it. I used to down ibuprofin like candy. If I pulled a muscle lifting I would go home down 24 mg a day for a couple of days. Then found out it was messing up my kidneys. Now I'm off nsaids altogether except for the occasional excedrin which has aspirin.

Thanks for the warning but that's the reason I'm hesitating taking more as I've had the kidney warning from my doc too. Trying to only have a few tablets a day.

I don't know your problem, but I do have the occasional sciatica and lower back blow out. Stretching helps A LOT. I don't do it enough. It really should be part of my daily routine. I exercise 5 days a week, but the stretching is a bigger chore than sweating. I can't give a reason. I've read that yoga would be a smart move for me. Anyone in your line of doctors recommended yoga, or at least stretches? I realize arthritis is a different issue than nerve tomfoolery, but I can't imagine it would hurt anyone older. Just a thought. and best of luck.

Good points Zeno, I did ask my doc if physio or exercise would help but she said no.

I'll give stretching a try as I certainly don't have it in my current routine and it can't hurt to try.