Funny color inside a BBB pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doron

Reaction score
Hi to all, old time lurker turned member here

Just purchased a BBB two star on Ebay. I am a huge fan of BBB and some of my best smokers (and the bestest one) are BBB. The pipe seemed to be new. I did an initial cleaning and the everclear loaded q-tip came out with blue/purple color. Now, thats a new one for a 50 year pipe smoker. Does anyone have any idea what is it. I am not going to set fire to this stuff and let the smoke into my mouth.
Any help is appreciated.

Capt. Doron Grudo
Master Mariner

blue/purple color?

That's a new one; I have no idea.
Welcome to BoB.

Mebbie it was this:
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2236_345468758

:lol!:

Well, when you wet black ink the resulting color is in the blue/ purple family. I wonder if what you are seeing is a result of a black bowl coating reacting to the Everclear.

Maybe it's a reaction with the ethanol and the bowl coating'

I'd bet it has something to do with the dye used to colour the coating. I wouldn't let it bother you.

Welcome to BOB

Yep, my bet is either ink/dye or bowl coating. Had that happen to me once. Went thru a skillian qtips and still came out with some on it so gave up. At first I think it altered the bacco flavor but now it's fine. I'd just smoke the heck out of it and see what happens.

gravel":68rf0cof said:
I bet eggplant was smoked in it. Be careful.
Yeah but this happens quite a bit more with estate Italian pipes. Nonetheless, do be careful.

Bada-Bing! :p