FVF NOW

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know...amazing. I think it was a Friday night - Saturday morning kind of thing. I gotta admit that I picked some up...a little bit. One almost feels an obligation! At their prices even with shipping it goes for around $5 / oz. which is...surprisingly...less than you can buy it for from a fellow BoB...claiming to have paid $10 an ounce for it...and is just letting it go at his cost! Hmmm. Must be from Philadelphia.

Caveat Emptor fer sure. lol

I may be somewhat thick headed, but can somebody please explain the "must be from Philly" to me!

I bought FVF three weeks ago at a Philly b&m and was treated just fine thanks.

lager86":gngojqas said:
I may be somewhat thick headed, but can somebody please explain the "must be from Philly" to me!

I bought FVF three weeks ago at a Philly b&m and was treated just fine thanks.
He was talking about a private sale from a gent, not a B&M...just busting stones, as it were....

Ahh, now I get it...I think!

Sounds like a deal went south because of a Philly Bob... if so then a pox on the guilty party.

My local B&M, who has a reasonable if not extensive selection, does not stock ANY of the Samual Gawith blends :shock:

This seems rather than odd state of affairs for an English B&M.

Everyone is so ready to assume the worst...sadly. The Philly comment was intended to refer to 'the city of brotherly love' as Philly is known...since the guy in the 'story' was passing along his good deal due to that lofty aim.

Re: the several totally incorrect interpretations of my comment here...Carl Sagan once noted that even though a person might have been the greatest genius of their time was no reason at all that he couldn't be dead wrong.

Defensiveness is just a fashion accessory for the present day. Not much we can do about it. Weird times we're livin' in.

Though relaxation is always a treatment--go grab a good pipe, I always say. 8)

Blackhorse":n2ouhux1 said:
Now there's some wise words. I believe I'll load up a bowl with some FVF!
Sounds like a plan. A shame when any of us read too much into written words.

Look dammit, I ain't Paranoid or anything weird like. Its just that I know all you folks are out to get me! :suspect:

On the subject of Philly...any tobacconists worth visiting there? I am heading there Tuesday night for business.

gkhanna74":gpeshhso said:
On the subject of Philly...any tobacconists worth visiting there? I am heading there Tuesday night for business.
Holts treats pipes better than the average B&M, but given the proliferation of the internet tobacconist, you may still find the selection a little underwhelming. Its certainly worth checking out just for the selections of Peterson's in the display case. Also, certainly worth stopping by if you're into cigars. They have connections with Fuente, Peter Johnson (Tatuaje), Rocky Patel and Padron that allow them carry some of the harder to find smokes at relatively reasonable prices.