FYI - Peretti's Thanksgiving Day - Available on November 1

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobJ

Reaction score
From Peretti's Facebook page:

Available for Purchase November 1st. Thanksgiving Day is a tradition here at Peretti. Burley of various cuts, Virginia and a blend of rum and fruit juices are mixed and rested, set in a press where the tobacco marries under pressure for 2 days and is subsequently aged for one month. Each batch yields only 20 cakes. The final product is a 4 ounce cake that should be broken up and enjoyed. We started this process last week and will continue to blend and press cakes thru November!

I'll be ordering more for sure.

:cheers:

Simple Man":9d92c7b1 said:
Yeah, I just saw that on there, can't wait! I always look forward to it. Just sort of brings about the holiday season for me. :D
Mr. Edwards, I think you sent me some of this last year. What a fantastic smoke.

Can't wait until 11/1.

Also Peretti now offers a variety of cheaper shipping options. I passed on buying from them in the past because $18 dollars of Thanksgiving Day was $16 to ship.

DrumsAndBeer":fvsk9akd said:
Simple Man":fvsk9akd said:
Yeah, I just saw that on there, can't wait! I always look forward to it. Just sort of brings about the holiday season for me. :D
Mr. Edwards, I think you sent me some of this last year. What a fantastic smoke.

Can't wait until 11/1.

Also Peretti now offers a variety of cheaper shipping options. I passed on buying from them in the past because $18 dollars of Thanksgiving Day was $16 to ship.
I am SO glad they changed their shipping options! I used to try to save up to place a large enough order to sort of justify their shipping. I placed an order for a tin of Penzance yesterday and the shipping was just $3 and change... much more reasonable.

I'm glad you enjoyed the tobacco! :D

Got to try this recently through the courtesy of RobJ, and have to say it's a splendid blend. Burns great, perfect moisture level, great taste. What's not to like?

Thanks again Rob!

8) 

Cheers,

RR

Just saw this post, aaaaand it's gone, out of stock....

Hmm, next year........

Ozark Wizard":rj7vn7c8 said:
Just saw this post, aaaaand it's gone, out of stock....

Hmm, next year........

I snoozed and loozed then!

As you say, next year. In the meantime I have enough for a good few more bowls. RobJ set me up pretty good. Been using it to break in my most excellent Moretti I got from Dutch!

Cheers,

RR

Thankfully I still had some of last years left that was generously gifted me from a kind gent here.
Lit up a bowl on Thanksgiving of course and enjoyed it right down to ash. ;)

I was very happy to send a sample Rande, and I'm also happy to know you're enjoying this blend.

Fortunately I was able to order one cake this go 'round and planned to order another but didn't act quickly enough.