G&H Dark Bird's Eye Availability

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottbtdmb

Reaction score
Was planning on buying a few pounds before the new law hits Maryland May 1st banning the shipment of tobacco via mail. Unfortunately, I waited too long and all of the sudden everyone is out! Checked pipesandcigars, 4noggins, Mars Cigars, cupojoes, iwanries, cigarsandpipes, and just for him. Nothing!!! Does anyone know of anywhere else that has DBE in stock right now? Otherwise, if anyone has any for trade, send me a PM. Help, I only have a week left!!! :no:

Thanks,
Scott

Good luck! Bright CR Flake, Kendal Kentucky, Bob's Choco Flake, and a host of others area nd have been OOS pretty much all over for quite a while it seems. PLEASE...don't let the Sammy G. Syndrome strike Gawith & Hogworts too!!!

OK, so THIS is why I couldn't get my Bob's Choc last week. That makes me a lot less nervous about the potential for the SG malady hitting the GH stuff.

I even refrained from posting about it because I didn't want to spark a buying frenzy.

What this says to me, then, is all our pipe brethren in Maryland are buying bulk like crazy before the law comes into effect, thus causing a temporary shortage. I respect this and am not irritated in the least. You better believe if Oklahoma was going the way of Maryland, I'd be maxing credit cards left and right.

Have faith BH, our heroes will return once the ban goes into place.

Brown Flake U/S is out as well. At least on SP.

I'll make a strong recommendation for what has to be the twentieth time: Those sites that allow you to put yourself on a waiting list or be notified when a desired blend that's out...comes back, etc. - DO IT! And NO - I'm not naming names. Check around at the usual suspects - or call your favorite place and ask if they'll do that kind of thing. If they get enough calls, maybe more of 'em will!

Blackhorse":6yhl3p7w said:
I'll make a strong recommendation for what has to be the twentieth time: Those sites that allow you to put yourself on a waiting list or be notified when a desired blend that's out...comes back, etc. - DO IT! And NO - I'm not naming names. Check around at the usual suspects - or call your favorite place and ask if they'll do that kind of thing. If they get enough calls, maybe more of 'em will!
Great suggestion, but unfortunately I only have a week left before I can no longer order off those sites. This was my mistake though. I should have ordered the DBE at the beginning of the month when it was still in stock and apparently a lot of Marylanders weren't aware yet of the forthcoming ban.

We've beat'em before...1940 Ford Coupe, black, Cady engine, overload suspension, oil dump system, no back seat. Weekly runs, dark of the moon, bona fides, throw away cell phones, two lane ridge roads, lightin' bugs, honeysuckle, fog in the hollows, cool damp nights, the smell of old canvas that covers the load.

We deliver. 8)

One if by land or two if by sea. We will run up the Chesapeake Bay in the fast boat with out lights. Since it has a shallow draft we can land on any sand bar to deliver the goods. Who would have thought it would come to this. Prohibition didn't work and nether will this silly law. Its all about the money and they can't get enough of yours.

The Cheif

Yes, I can see it too. In the wee hours...packed into the hollowed out wheelwells of a Datsun 310, molded up onto the unibody of a Ford Taurus, spare tire chock full and the door panels too...the lonely agent prowl the hinterlands peering nervous eyes in the rearview...a run for the brothers, forced by the ripples and fallout from an arrogant government. A government ignorant of the truth, greedy for taxes to offset their purchase of electorates, intent on finding defenseless targets of opportunity and mean in their power.

I greatly fear that our sons, growing up indoors, never having known the right to decide for themselves and their own, will neither recognize freedoms absence nor if realized fight to regain what is foreign to them. Ah well, anyone that came of age after FDR likely had the same lament sung for them by their fathers. The same has been written from the time of the Pharaohs.

I greatly grieve for the things now gone that characterized my youth...endless horizons, hope in the future, a trust that through hard work and a right heart things will turn out all right,...familiar with the outdoors, cold air and the building of big fires...the privilege to decide for one's self.

I greatly hope that we're not midway between the tide's slack and it's crest in terms of this fervor to limit our freedom, and that it will soon recede in it's inevitable cycle.

Blackhorse Fear not a lot of the things mentioned Those freedoms to decide for ones self are still there if you keep away and live away from the government. Living in the Deep,Deep Piney woods of East Texas I still have the right to chose a lot of what I do. I live out of doors and off the land. I keep as far away from government as I can and live by the laws of nature which are more harsher than the law of man. Don't follow them don't eat.

Self reliance and responsibly for your own actions are what is missing from everyday life. Something that we have gotten away from. Its not my fault, I am owed this how often do you hear that today. Life ain't fair and its what you make of it.

More and more I hear I wish I could live like you. You see I dropped out of the rat race. I was never a success and after Hurricane Katrina I saw that I was the only one who could take care of me and my family. And yes there is still a lot of money to be made living off the grid and out away from the city. Well at least enough to pay the bills and buy some good tobacco and nice pipes anyway.

The Cheif