G&H Scotch Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frost

Reaction score
Any other fans of this tobacco? I've been smoking the heck outta this stuff since receiving a generous helping from another BoB.

It's not terribly complex, but has an excellent flavor and scent in the bowl as well as a great tin and room note. Nice virginias, very smooth. Topped/cased (i assume) with something i cant quite place or identify, but seems to give a sort of spice quality to it. Not like pepper spice, like cinnamon or cardamom or bergamot or something. Havent researched it much so I'm just going off of what i taste/smell.

Works well to make the va a wee bit more interesting. No harshness at all in the batch i've got, and the stuff is infinitely smokable and tolerates even a pretty rapid and heavy puffing pace. Of course as with most, its better slow but it does seem to be one of the more forgiving blends i've come across.

I should add the caveat that i have no idea how much age is on the batch i received, and it was fully rubbed out when I got it, so i may not have experienced it "young" and definitely have not tried it in it's initial full flake form yet. That said, i will definitely be adding more to my cellar, even if i have to let it sit a while to duplicate this experience. Just curious as to other's experience with this dandy blend.

I like it real well. JT gifted me some (thanks again JT!) and I find it to be great for watching TV.

Excellent early morning smoke. Light, mild, but flavorful. I'm sitting on about 600G.

I'd like to know how it compares to Chocolate Flake.

jlong":64zfwgcs said:
I'd like to know how it compares to Chocolate Flake.
It doesn't. The closest thing to it is brown flake unscented. It is equal in strength but doesn't taste at all like chocolate flake.