G.L.Pease ' Embarcadero and Cumberland

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyRoundup

Reaction score
Well, I went and made a small order, as I'm running low on Bobs Chocolate Flake.

So I got a tin of that, (Trying to collect tins) and 2 oz's of bulk.

I threw in a tin of Embarcadero and a tin of Cumberland, seeins how Ive read some pretty good reviews on both.

I'm pretty anxious to try both.
The Cumberland has 20 year old Kentucky in it supposedly.
And of course Yak and S.Ireland both gave excellent reviews on the Embarcadero.

I cant wait !

Trying new tobacco's seems to make me feel like a kid in a candy store. :D

DustyRoundup":973d6oga said:
Trying new tobacco's seems to make me feel like a kid in a candy store. :D
Yup...that's about the size of it. Congrats on the order. Enjoy!

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy both the Embarcadero and the Cumberland.

Funny you should mention the reviews Yak and I gave Embarcadero because I was planning on doing a review of Cumberland as well. It's another GLP blend that I enjoy immensely.

I'm going to smoke a bowl of Cumberland right now ;)

Oh God, Embarcadero. I picked up a tin very recently (in the wake of S.I.'s post)...Dusty, you're in for a real treat. I've already bought several additional tins to put some age on (I can't wait to see how the VA and Izmir marry after a few years in the cellar).

I almost bought some Cumberland, but passed it up in favor of Blackpoint...Dusty, please share your thoughts on the Cumberland once you've given it a shot - from some recent posts it seems like we're in similar places tobacco-wise, so I'm interested to see what you think!

I also enjoy Embarcadero, but recently it has been irritating my throat. Maybe I smoked it too fast.
:shrug

Bill

Embarcadero is on my next tobacco order. I have some Cumberland...it is a very good blend, but the Kentucky is too forward for me. When it comes to burley/virginia/perique I like the virginia to be in front. But it certainly is something different in that catergory.

LOL, :D Ireland hears a name of a bacc, and it reminds him to smoke some . Too funny :D

Ive read alot of good reviews about both,,, and heck yeah idbowman, I'll let you all know what I think after I smoke some.

Dang, I'm all uppity waiting for it :bounce:

Two very nice tobaccos. Just be advised, they ran out of the 20 yr old Kentucky for the Cumberland, and are using a new source, which according to G Pease, they have been phasing in for some time. My opinion the new stuff just isn't the same. I noticed the difference and thought it was just me, then found the info on the new Kentucky.

Ah well dammit! :evil: The Kentucky isnt 20 years old ? wth ?

I havent opened the cumberland yet, but I did try 2 pipefuls of Embarcadero last night,,, and it is a bit different and tasty.

I tend to inhale just a bit, every so often, and wow, it hits the throat kinda hard. Not real bad, but it lets you know its there.
I tried sippipng on it real slow and easy like, and I like it, but it will take a few tries , to get the whole thing down, for me .