G.L. Pease Union Square ---- the thread

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hermit":49gwf1tb said:
My last order brings my stash of
Union Square to just under fifteen pounds.
I love the stuff! :bounce:
...I'm patiently awaiting a couple of tins that have been unopened since its first release... :pirat: That ought to be interesting!

Kyle Weiss":mzsbpp30 said:
Hermit":mzsbpp30 said:
...I'm patiently awaiting a couple of tins that have been unopened since its first release... :pirat: That ought to be interesting!
Somehow, I find it hard to believe that you ever wait patiently for anything... 8)

Harlock999":gdeu85hq said:
Kyle Weiss":gdeu85hq said:
Hermit":gdeu85hq said:
Somehow, I find it hard to believe that you ever wait patiently for anything... 8)

It's easy to be patient when yer buyin' something
that you ain't gonna smoke for ten years. :lol:

Damn! Hermit. 15 pounds of one weed! Although I have the same hoarding (yeah, I know, aging) tendencies, I usually stop after 5 pounds.

Impressive!

Hermit":6od0l7ku said:
Harlock999":6od0l7ku said:
Kyle Weiss":6od0l7ku said:
Hermit":6od0l7ku said:

It's easy to be patient when yer buyin' something
that you ain't gonna smoke for ten years. :lol:
Is that when your current stock will be depleted, or because that's how long you want it to mature before smoking?

alfredo_buscatti":58hn10j5 said:
Damn! Hermit. 15 pounds of one weed! Although I have the same hoarding (yeah, I know, aging) tendencies, I usually stop after 5 pounds.

Impressive!
Union Square is my third most populous blend.
Hamborger Veermaster comes in first at just
under twenty, and eighteen pounds of HOTW.
I loves me some Virginias. :twisted:

Harlock999":75oslvjz said:
Is that when your current stock will be depleted, or because that's how long you want it to mature before smoking?
I figure my cellar to last at least twenty years.
(I hope I do.) :lol:
How old any particular blend gets
depends on when I get around to em.

Harlock999":yegdyuex said:

smiley-sad052.gif

Some guys like to golf, fish, or hunt as hobbies, but they need to find themselves a real hobby like the brothers here have found for themselves! :rendeer:

So I dug my way to the cellar cabinet where most of the GL Pease is stashed. Grabbed a couple tins. This one is from 12-15-2009. Flavor and strength both seems to be stronger than when young. Not coarse or bitter. Well married. The tin was slightly swollen from it's years sitting.

Good fruity sort of smell. The hayfield scent has diminished. Tangy, yet smooth on the tongue. Good moisture level. Long lasting smoke. It is clear that this is a blend. Just as the tin says. The years have been very kind.

I have one tin that I can see at the moment!! "042911" date; sumbitch is bulging top and bottom :D :D A goos sign of things to come! :D :D :cheers: FTRPLT

I have a scant amount of Union Square left. I think it's also from 2009 which for whatever reason was a super year for that blend. I must have smoked through 5 tins of it once it finally rang my bell.

I stopped stashing it away when I discovered Fillmore which has a robust spicy quality that I find to be damn near perfect, and just ever so close to being over the top.

Also for a straight VA, I think SG Best Brown Flake also had something to do with my decision to stop buying Union Square. Best Brown has a similar earthy vibe and that Union Square-esq spicy quality, only with a sweeter tone overall, and spicy and sweet is my jam!

Still, Union Square is good stuff..