Game of Thrones

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actaully bought the books earlier this week. At some point I'll have to make some time for reading them.

It's funny, but until the series came out I'd never heard of it.

i've been resisting the urge to read the books. 5000+ pages with more to come is a bit of an undertaking. and i don't wanna ruin the surprise/ suspense aspect of the show. still tempting though.

I had never heard of the books until a friend was mentioning them a couple of months before the series aired.
I normally read first then watch, but I watched the first series and decided I had to read the books. They are actually really good and well worth the time investment.
I just got the audio books and listened to them while cycling to and from work.

Great books, great show.

I did the same thing that Dreadgerbil did... Watched the first season then read the first book. After the second season ends I will do the same.

Last nights episode was crazy! No spoilers here but damn i was furious when it ended knowin that I have to wait another week to find out what's going on :x :study: Lol

I know, having to watch it in 50 minute installments once week is frustrating! :p

So thet lady was giving birth to what at the end!? She really does have supernatural powers it would seem. I thought she was just a crafty chick!

Don't spoil it for me though!

Now I'm gonna have to get the books!!

I wasn't too crazy about the ending this week. They've manage to keep the "hookieness" out of the show. I really hope it stays that way. Peter Dinkeledge is the star of the show.

i just bought the first season and its on its way right now xD
are there any sites i can stream the episodes from until it gets here?

ive just been downloading them from here:
moviehoarder.blogspot.com/2012/04/game-of-thrones-complete-first-season.html

but now im running out of harddrive space ):

It's hard not to spoiler people once you've read the books. The storyline is complicated and awesome but I'm genuinely getting worried Martin will die before finishing them!

I put off reading the books for a good decade or so. Despite the raves, I just wasn't interested in a fantasy re-telling of the war of the roses. I was pleasantly mistaken. Watching the show, however has proven rather frustrating. Maybe I'll finally see it, now that it's out on dvd.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

s.ireland":md9hoh46 said:
Great books, great show.

I did the same thing that Dreadgerbil did... Watched the first season then read the first book. After the second season ends I will do the same.
I tried to do the same, but couldn't help myself. I recently finished the second book. The second season differs from the second book alot more than the first season differed from the first book.

After blowing through a Larry Correia book, I developed a case of DTs and had to go back. I started the third book this morning, and all I have to say is that there's strange things afoot at the Circle K.

Awright guys, this week's episode is about to start here. I've narrowed it down to a Charatan and either Triple Play or Luxury Bullseye while I watch. 8)

I ended up reading the books that are out before watching the series. Spectacular books! just try not to get attached to too many characters. George R.R. Martin likes to kill characters quickly. :p

I can't wait for season three now though! Should be spectacular! March 31, 2013. I'll fire up a special pipe and tobacco that day!

Read the books and loved them, George RR Martin is nasty to the characters he write though... The show is amazing