Gas prices

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got under $4/gal for regular here in WA state. Was like $4.29 a couple weeks ago.

And now some areas in the US are $3 according to the news.

And you?

Cheers,

RR

$3.75/gal give or take 'round here. Down from $4.10/gal a few weeks ago.

I just paid $3.12/gal at the QuickStop this afternoon. I can remember my father complaining when it went to $0.20/gal back when I was a kid :p

I make it a point never to pay attention to gas prices. I used to. I would monitor the prices and, read about the reasons for price fluctuations in the news papers etc.., and get mad about them.

What's the use? You have to drive to get to work everyday to earn a living. Sometimes you might want to drive for pleasure. The prices are what they are.

I drive up to the pump. My mfg recommendations says "use premium". If I think I'm a bit strapped for cash I might select regular. If I feel a little richer than usual, I'll select premium. I don't even bother looking at the prices anymore.

Unless your occupation requires you to put on A LOT of miles, fretting over gas prices won't put extra morsels on your table, or more tobacco in your pipe.

$3.31 here in NE Ohio.

Was $3.69 at the beginning of the week.

Monbla256: Loved your post about gas being 20 cents a gal. I remember as a kid my dad pulling our 1952 chevy into the service station and then he always said: "Two dollars of the regular please". So while his two dollars was filling the tank the service attendant checked the oil and cleaned the windshield. We certainly have come a long way. Now we pull up and fill our own tank and then if we want we can check our own oil and clean our own windshield and then fork over about $65.00 which was a whole months rent back in 1955.

$3.50-3.65 here in PA. Jersey's closer to $3.25, NY's closer to $3.75. We got close but never crossed the $4 mark here.

Rob_In_MO":et4bx7cs said:
Currently $3.15 at the local stations (not near the highway).

Woo Hoo! Down to $3.14 this morning. :cheers:

Only took $2.55 to fill the Honda Metropolitan. :mrgreen:

Edit: just got back from taking my Daughter to the park (12:30 pm), and it was down to $3.12.

Slowly but surely.

I filled up this morning for $3.32. It had been up to $3.89 a few days ago here in southeastern Michigan.

We are planning two driving trips through the States, one at the end of August to Chicago and then in October to Vermont and on to South Carolina. The updates on prices in this thread are going to be useful in budgeting for gas.

Anybody have any info on Minnesota?

Penguin,

We just returned from a circular drive of the western half of the U.S. The gas prices are more the further north we drove. While we were in Minnesota they were average. Nevada, Washington, and Idaho areas were the most expensive. Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee was the cheapest.

By the time we went through Michigan and Chicago, we had been on the road for 3 weeks. We just did not care what the price was anymore.

Now days when we get to the gas pump we just hand over the wallet and the oldest child.

LIPIPE":dtgo0r54 said:
Monbla256: Loved your post about gas being 20 cents a gal. I remember as a kid my dad pulling our 1952 chevy into the service station and then he always said: "Two dollars of the regular please". So while his two dollars was filling the tank the service attendant checked the oil and cleaned the windshield. We certainly have come a long way. Now we pull up and fill our own tank and then if we want we can check our own oil and clean our own windshield and then fork over about $65.00 which was a whole months rent back in 1955.
Marty I remember those days well.

Back in the day gas prices weren't much of a consideration. I had a '67 'LeMans and don't even know what kind of mpg it got. Think it had a 326 V-8 but I'm not a motorhead.

I'd ask for either $2 or $3 worth at whatever filling station I went to. But as my late Pap worked for Clark Oil and Refining I'd always try and fill up there. Back then Clark was known as the "Premium People" and only sold 100 octane gas. Just one brand and no other.

$2 would get me just over half a tank, and if I was feeling flush $3 would get me just over 3/4 tank. Man, I'd go all week on that!

And of course they'd check the oil and clean the windshield without asking. There was no pump-your-own gas back then. That came in after the Arab oil embargo in the early '70s. I totally freaked out when gas got over .75/gal!

Not to turn this thread into nostalgia reminisces or a rag. Just wanted to see what some others brothers are currently paying.

:cyclops:

Cheers,

RR

Saw $3.51 yesterday, not bad at all for the CT shoreline.

Still staying home today and smoking and drinking bourbon in the backyard, total gas consumption 0 gallons. Cause I'm such a green eco-warrior, you know. :alien: