Gas prices

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle Weiss":k3gsc0k0 said:
Now, for my all-electric AMC Gremlin...
Just hook up a dynamo to George Romney spinning in his grave when he hears that... you won't even have to pay for the juice.

...Yesterday, I paid $2.96 per gallon here in SE Tennessee! :D

You guys have it pretty darned good south of the 49th in my book. I rushed out to fill up last night on cheap gas at $1.359 per litre ($5.144/gallon); thereby avoiding todays jump to $1.421/l ($5.479/gallon) that hit Vancouver, British Columbia (prices for regular).

Schmitzbitz":3seap1yz said:
You guys have it pretty darned good south of the 49th in my book. I rushed out to fill up last night on cheap gas at $1.359 per litre ($5.144/gallon); thereby avoiding todays jump to $1.421/l ($5.479/gallon) that hit Vancouver, British Columbia (prices for regular).
Schmitzbitz

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't your Canadian gvt add a schiedtload of taxes to the price which makes it thus? They sure do to everything else it seems.

Not quite as bad as the UK where the tax rate for petrol is 60% including VAT. Looks like they're the highest in the EU too. I got all that from this btw-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107374/Fuel-tax-British-motorists-pay-60-duty-VAT-petrol.html

All I remember from my visits to the UK is that a US gallon is about the equivalent of about $9 right now!

:affraid:

Cheers,

RR

DrT999":qrml4w00 said:
NCguy":qrml4w00 said:
Today..$3.19 Here in Carolina
Must be nice, since it was $3.54 for mid-level two days ago in W-S!
Down just $.20 here -- now $3.54 for high, $3.34 for medium, $3.19 for econ. . . .

I thought I'd make you all feel better by telling you what we pay over here in England. Converted to $US the cost is $8.95 per gallon, of which over 85% is tax.

I hope you all feel better now... :(

Brewdude":id7xwnp7 said:
Schmitzbitz":id7xwnp7 said:
Schmitzbitz

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't your Canadian gvt add a schiedtload of taxes to the price which makes it thus? They sure do to everything else it seems.

Not quite as bad as the UK where the tax rate for petrol is 60% including VAT. Looks like they're the highest in the EU too. I got all that from this btw-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107374/Fuel-tax-British-motorists-pay-60-duty-VAT-petrol.html

All I remember from my visits to the UK is that a US gallon is about the equivalent of about $9 right now!

Cheers,

RR
You are certainly correct about that - just like it's taxes that are artificially inflating gas prices for everyone. Certainly in Europe and Australia we are paying more taxes than in Canada, and this is due to the decisions made by our (supposedly representative) elected officials - but it still doesn't make it any easier to take; much like the idea that we are paying around $2.00 per gallon doesn't make the fact that the average taxation on U.S. gas per gallon is only $0.50 easier to take for Americans.

ruraldean":ssghx3as said:
I thought I'd make you all feel better by telling you what we pay over here in England. Converted to $US the cost is $8.95 per gallon, of which over 85% is tax.

I hope you all feel better now... :(
As I said earlier....

Brewdude":ssghx3as said:
OK, so maybe the % I quoted is incorrect, but that comes from the article I posted. But it still is outrageous.

My Brit mates have told me that the % is something like what you say. How you can put up with that is beyond me!

:|

Cheers,

RR

Schmitzbitz":znwu72ff said:
Brewdude":znwu72ff said:
Schmitzbitz":znwu72ff said:
Schmitzbitz

Cheers,

RR

You are certainly correct about that - just like it's taxes that are artificially inflating gas prices for everyone. Certainly in Europe and Australia we are paying more taxes than in Canada, and this is due to the decisions made by our (supposedly representative) elected officials - but it still doesn't make it any easier to take; much like the idea that we are paying around $2.00 per gallon doesn't make the fact that the average taxation on U.S. gas per gallon is only $0.50 easier to take for Americans.

Sucks. Major league.

And I'll stop here before I go into a rant.....

anim_soapbox.gif

Cheers,

RR

I just paid $3.21 here in Wake Forest. But driving through South Carolina last week I filled up for $2.98.

Brewdude":qay2vtqa said:
As I said earlier....

Brewdude":qay2vtqa said:
Cheers,

RR
Sorry, I don't know how I missed it. As for putting up with it, we have no choice I'm afraid.

Theophilus":pbgrwsh6 said:
lowest I've seen lately is 3.09.
I wouldn't be surprised if the prices are back up around $4 by election day. . . .

Hanging at around $3.81 here for the past week. The WA state average is about .10 less than that but apparently around here the oil companies seem to think they can jam us. Always been that way. And what sucks is that the prices for food haven't dropped.

Average fill for me right now is around $45.

Cheers?

RR

Still hangin' around $3.50 - $3.90/gal depending on county 'round here. :|

Gassed up today, mid-grade at $3.99.9. . . . sigh At least I didn't have to pay the $4.24.9 for high (yet)

May I presume most others are in simular situations?