Gawith And Hoggarth, Any Favorites?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happypipester

Reaction score
So, my Secret Santa package (which included some Bosun Cut Plug) has gotten me quite interested in Gawith, Hoggarth and Co., and their very tasty, very unique Lakeland flavour. The choices are all extremely tempting (so far I've only tried BCP and Dark Flake Unscented, although I'd like to try Scented also), and I honestly think I'd love to buy some of nearly every blend they have, but I don't wanna be in the poor house lol... so, I'm wondering, what do you guys enjoy from G&H?

Ennerdale Flake, DF Scented, and Kendal Flake are their scented flakes I have in the cellar. KF is my favorite - but I hope its "musk" isn't true musk (which is extracted from civets being tortured to death :evil: ).

Buddy

Every Gawith and Hoggarth blend I have tried was a quality tobacco, even though I have tried some that were not to my liking. As of late, I have been getting into a tin of Rum Flake (thank you, secret santa) and am starting to really appreciate the blend. However, be forewarned: Rum Flake has a soapy/floral element that not everybody will appreciate.

I love 'em all they are the foundation of my cellar, The Cadillac of blending houses, one point to make, what makes them so great is their ability to consistingly grasp the idea of producing great blends thru and tho different crops and climates, simply amazing!!! :tongue: Ken
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

My favourites are Best Brown #2 & Kendall Kentucky.

Their best stuff, IMHO, is the unscented Conniston Cut Plug and Curly Cut regular 8)