Gawith Sweet Licorice Twist

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Gawith Sweet Twists come in a huge variety of "flavors" - this morning found me opening a small pouch of the Licorice scented variety. This is basically Brown Twist with a very slight addition of licorice - very slight indeed. It just takes the edge of the flavor profile. It does not taste like licorice candy. The standard rich brown flavors come through very well but with a little something extra.

There are others I like mo bettah...but this was very nice. Sliced and rubbed and into a narrow bore Briar it performed perfectly. And like all brown twists, it has power!

This one was purchased via Mr Snuff. Not cheap, but added to an order it wasn't prohibitive. With the cost of shipping I would typically go for the larger size.

https://mrsnuff.com/gawith-hoggarth-sweet-liquorice-p-3230.html

Liquorice.....mmmmm good. Usually a burley blended tobacco. Uhle's makes a really good one in their blend 255 that's quite tasty for my pipe...
But for quality it's hard to beat any Gawith tobacco, Be it Samuel Gawith or Hoggarth. Thanks for the info on the twist.

The name alone makes me drool.

(Damn. I must get a handle on my tobacco cravings!--I just noticed I have a closet full of stuff I'll probably never get to before I slip off to bliss eternal.)

Richard Burley":i90zleze said:
The name alone makes me drool.

(Damn. I must get a handle on my tobacco cravings!--I just noticed I have a closet full of stuff I'll probably never get to before I slip off to bliss eternal.)
Blackhorse has a way with words. He could make cardboard sound delicious and fact is he's usually spot on about a blend. If I remember correctly he's the one that got me interested in GH's Dark Plug. He was definitely right in saying that one is good. So when he says a tobacco is good I've learned to trust his wisdom. :)

AJ

I just listen to what drums-n-beer and Dr T999 say. Others as well.

As far as writing goes... I'm lucky if the dang software doesn't rewrite the whole thing without letting me know! Drives me nuts. Or...nuttier.

But how's this...I HATE the black ropes and such. Brown is good but not the other. Just sumthin about it. GAK! And, really...some of that cardboard IS kinda tasty.