Gawith tap boxes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Kaplan

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem with these jamming shut? I like them for their convenience. I don't have a problem with the messiness some people complain about, but the last three I bought have seized up on me within a few days. I can't figure out what's causing it or how to prevent it. The last one got so bad I had to pry it open with a screwdriver and transfer the snuff to an empty one that worked better.

I've never had one jam on me but I really don't like how fast the snuff dries out... 10g of snuff lasts me a good while so maybe these little Tap boxes aren't good for me :(

Which stinks because they are very convenient!

Oh well

george I would say it probably because of moisture and I have to agree with s.ireland because they do dry out extremely fast. Just save your old metal snuff tins that you can wash out and reuse or else buy some smash boxes.

They do get kinda tough. I use the tamper part of my 3in1 pipe tool instead of my finger and pull hard, they always open that way.

The Tap Boxes are often dry before they get to you.

Even with the 25 gram tins if you take a while to get through one you may want to consider other storage options IMHO.

2 oz amber bottles will hold 25 grams of snuff. You can pour a daily amount into a snuff box or an empty snuff tin for use.