General MacArthur pipe...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is strange since their sight makes this statement:

The pipe made famous by General Douglas MacArthur. It was made for him at our plant in Washington to his precise specifications. It is offered in two different versions, both being unfiltered. The bent stem version has a polished bowl while the straight stem has a totally natural bowl. We proudly still offer this pipe as a tribute to the General and to all our military men and women.

Missouri Meerschaum Company

You should take another look, because the pipe has about 2-2 1/2" of wasted cob below the draft hole. And they offer both the original stright version, as well as a bent model.

I read somewhere that MacArthur claimed not to have had a favorite and to have smoked whatever was on sale at the PX.

I have never owned or smoked a MM. seen them but never had one. Maybe I should get one. How much is the Generals pipe now?

eggman":m9kmc6wu said:
Thanks yeah I found that site. heck for 10 bucks you cant beat that at all. I think I might get one or 2
You might want to look at my Buyers Guide for more information about all their cobs.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t12900-mm-buyers-guide-5-31

Re: "A lot of cob below the draft hole."

I sure hope so or you would need half a tin to fill that bad boy! :shock:

Cadfael":065kj8e6 said:
Re: "A lot of cob below the draft hole."

I sure hope so or you would need half a tin to fill that bad boy! :shock:
...and no real way to smoke it... :lol: I believe it kind of acts like counterbalance, ala long-keel or centerboard of a sailboat, so it don't flip side to side while in use.