gilligan's top 5

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruins

Reaction score
so you're stranded on an island...what 5 tobaccos would you want? (i'm going to learn about my tastebuds based on these groupings)

so far (but subject to change between now and stranding)

4noggins Bald Headed Teacher
John Patton Storm Front
C&D Burley Flake #1
C&D Exhausted Rooster
GL Pease Chelsea Morning

interesting excercise, I didn't realize I'd put down a couple of those blends until the question was posed...

bruins, I'll include samples of most, if not all, of these.

your awesome pete! and generous! and good looking!

(yeah, i kind of figure if i like a few on someone's list, i'll probably like others on their list)

some generous folks have helped me out for sure, just trying to pass it along. You probably won't like all of them, maybe not any of them...

Reiner LGF
Granger
GH Best Brown
GLP Barbary Coast
GLP Maltese Falcon

I think the spirit of the thought experiment made me choose only tobaccos that are good-to-go both straight from the tin and with age.

If we're playing "any tobacco in history," swap out Granger for Edgeworth Ready-Rubbed.

If I had only one pipe, I hate to say it but I might drop Maltese Falcon, the lone Lat offering, and swap in Orlik GS. Maybe not. Hmm...

SG FVF
SG Navy Flake
GLP Union Square
GLP Westminster
Rattray Old Gowrie

Muddler":x0in8g5q said:
SG FVF
SG Navy Flake
GLP Union Square
GLP Westminster
Rattray Old Gowrie
was waiting for yours, muddler. i'm gonna have to try the navy flake and the FVF.

the FVF is certainly tasty, the other 4 muddler listed I still need to try. Good stuff here

Gonna have to go with these for now but they are subject to change

FVF
PA
PS Luxury Navy Flake
C&D Mississippi Mud
C&D Old Joe Krantz

No particular order of course

G&H Dark Flake Unscented--because it's big and hairy and cigar-like and I love it and if I ever decide to off myself, i could probably mix up a thoroughly toxic batch of nicotine-tea with this stuff

McClelland St. James Wood--because as of now, it's my favorite VaPer and I'd have lots of time to break it down and make it smokable

C&D Star of the East Flake--because it tastes a bit like sweaty girlbum and I'll be a little lonely, I think. Nice Latakia to smoke in the winter.

Orlik Golden Sliced--because it's simple, straight-forward and always enjoyable. It would be my comfort smoke.

Boswell's Christmas Cookie--because if I get there without an aromatic, I'll probably start pining for one. This stuff is a delicious little vanilla custard scented number. And if I'm alone on this island...well, this is the only cookie I'm likely to get.

beaupipe":nrcrd0vu said:
C&D Star of the East Flake--because it tastes a bit like sweaty girlbum and I'll be a little lonely, I think. Nice Latakia to smoke in the winter.
you should contact C&D with that description. i would buy based on those words alone. good god, what's the room note like? i can't even fathom...

bruins":ac79fdnh said:
beaupipe":ac79fdnh said:
...tastes a bit like sweaty girlbum
good god, what's the room note like? i can't even fathom...
I'd heard that the room note for lat blends smells like s*@t :affraid: [yeah, but it's good s*@t dude]

Hmmm. C&D does have some fun artwork on their tins, I imagine Sweaty Girlbum would sell a few tins and t shirts :lol:

bruins":cb1p1ets said:
you should contact C&D with that description. i would buy based on those words alone. good god, what's the room note like? i can't even fathom...
Actually, when I reviewed this on TR, I think I used the expression "Bikram yogabum." I'm just trying to dumb it down for BoB :p

SG FVF , if no stock, Rattray's Old Gowrie
Mcclelland 2015 if no stock Escudo, if no stock Bayou Morning Flake
C&D Old Joe Krantz if no stock Solani ABF
Butera Kingfisher, if no stock, Manhattan Afternoon
Bulkan Sasieni if no stock, McClelland AM pipe, if no stock, GLP Chelsea Morning

What can I say, I'm no picky bastard!!!

PCCA Beacon
GLP Key Largo
Solani 633
SG FVF
Dunhill EMP or Nightcap (tie)

AND Partagas Cifuentes Seasonal Cigars.............

C&D Bayou Morning (original)
PS Luxury Bullseye Flake
MacBaren Navy Flake
MacBaren Dark Twist Roll Cake
Reiner Long Golden Flake

Mary Ann,,,

PS LBF
Reiner LGF
SG FVF
Solani 633
MacB navy flake
Boswells Dans Blend
HOW
3P
PS lux twist flake
C&D Manhattan Afternoon
7 tons of Walnut,,,,

WHAT !!!!,,,,more than five ????,,,,so shoot me, I'm on a desert island, give me a break !!!!

with 7 tons of Walnut it won't be long before JP shows up thereby rescuing me,,,,