Giving Up Television

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milan

Reaction score
I'm ridding my life of television. I can no longer bring myself to watch it. The only show I kind of enjoy is Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood. I'll just sleep in longer on Sunday mornings now. I don't own a cell phone and I'm giving up television... soon enough I won't have a choice but to start making pipes.
Cheers & Health,
Milan

:cheers: good man, I knew I liked you. No more stupid soap operas, night time non-funny situation comedies, depressing news, and.......COMMERCIALS :bounce:

During Football Season! Blasphemy...

I have thought about doing the same, I have a buddy who went without a TV for 7+ years and he seems to have survived. I just can't swear off sports for that long.

Congrats!!! :bounce:

Going on 3 or 4 years here myself...never really marked the day it all began, so I can't say for sure.

But life really is better.

Plenty of streams online (such as sports) and things to selectively watch, sans the corporate stuffing!

It got Netflix streaming, no commercials, no horrid programming, far, far cheaper. Haven't watched actual television in years...with the exception of some "This" channel stuff, they play neat old westerns sometimes. Hey, the Internet goes out once in a while.

Good for you.

+1 for Netflix. Any movies they don't offer can be obtained easily using torrents

And they don't broadcast many of the soccer games I want to watch here anyhow so most of my sports come from streaming.

Who needs TV?

Aside from a few sporting events, old classic movies, and some science programs,,,,maybe a comedy special,,,,oh yeah, History channel has some interesting documentaries,,,

I don't see how you guys are going to keep up with the Kardashians without a television..... :lol:

I'm not ready to give up TV yet. Although I am down to the local news and weather, and the Discovery channel a few nights/week. I sure like me some Deadliest Catch, Dirtiest Jobs, Sons of Guns, and American Choppers.

Being as I have the most basic cable subscription available this only costs just south of $18/mo. More than fine for me, although I would like to get the History Channel.

All other mainstream broadcasting can all go suck Donkey Dick!

Cheers,

RR

TV gave up on me -- when everything went digital, the signals were all too weak to pick up any more. Ok, so I cheat a little with Hulu, but no broadcast TV!

no cable in two years but just started with the netflix and i love it

I'm with Dave on this one. In the Fall I've got to have me some college football! Aside from that I can do without it nine time out of ten.

I love TV. 8)
I get all the channels.
It's on all day and night.
It's between the computer and the window fan. :face:

Sitcoms that aren't funny, and reality tv. Thats about all there is to see ! I don't watch much tv either. Nothing on that I want to watch. Every now and then I'll put it on the history channel or national goegraphic. Just about everything else is a waste of my time.