GKCPC Congrats to some brothers!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boulder&Briar

Reaction score
Winners of the contest are

Jesse Jones!
Premal Chheda
Rad Davis
Tyler Beard
Nate King
Ryan Alden
Colin Rigsby

Congratulations guys! I can't wait to see these masterpieces.

Boulder&Briar":lbjtgkgs said:

Jesse Jones!
Premal Chheda
Rad Davis
Tyler Beard
Nate King
Ryan Alden
Colin Rigsby

So is this in order of ranking?

If so, well done Jesse!

:cheers: 

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":v9o3kg4o said:
Boulder&Briar":v9o3kg4o said:

Jesse Jones!
Premal Chheda
Rad Davis
Tyler Beard
Nate King
Ryan Alden
Colin Rigsby

So is this in order of ranking?

If so, well done Jesse!

:cheers: 

Cheers,

RR

I don't believe there is an order of ranking for such a prestigeous award necessarily, they are all winners and extremely good at what they do. I'm sure the competition was fierce, as there are many entries from many great pipe makers.

I was the last one called. Boy was I shocked! There were a lot of really nice entries this year.

Ocelot55":93nd6r2g said:
I was the last one called. Boy was I shocked! There were a lot of really nice entries this year.
Any word on who received honorable mention?

so happy for Jesse, he deserves this kick into the next level. I mean look at the other names on that list, wow!!!

And Tyler... well he is just too good. Rad... ummmmm same thing. Nate King? he should win just for resisting putting some kind of exotic metal on it, or did he?

rev

Rev, Nate's pipe has a titanium band on the end of the shank....

I won the set in the raffle yesterday. Jesse and I rode up to KC together, so I got to give him a good hard time on the way home for making it in! I can't put up pictures until after the magazine comes out with their article, but every one of these pipes is a fantastic billiard, and they're all gonna smoke like a charm.

Nonetheless, congratulations are in order for Jesse! And the other carvers that made it in!

WarlockBob, Congrats on winning the raffle. Lucky dog you! Congrats to all those that won. Great job and I cant wait to see pictures.

That's nuts! Congratulations to both of you guys...Jesse for your hard work.

Bobby, I hate you...in the best way...hahah!

Enjoy those, brother!! holy cow...

Haha, thanks guys!

I'm still in utter shock. From what the GKCPC guys told me, they've done this raffle for 5 years now, and each year someone with the name of Bob or some variation has won it, including this year.

I just about died yesterday when they called my name. We were already super excited for Jesse and to know the whole thing was coming back with us was pretty dang cool

Thank you all! I'm much more excited for the carvers. I'm extremely lucky that I get to reap the benefits of their hard work, but I direct all the praise to them. They've earned it!

Hey Congrats guys!  :D 

Jesse, I tell every piper I know about how well my J Jones billiard smokes. No surprise to me that a pipe that you made was picked.  ;) 

Congrats to the winners, good show to all and well done to you WarlockBob.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Congratulations Bob !
I was outside smoking when they called out the winners. The first guy who told me my pipe made the list, I didn't even believe ! After the 5th congratulation it finally sunk in.
The pipes entered were superb, I still don't know how mine made the cut !
Enjoy the hell out of those pipes Bob, it is one fine set of briar.

Congrats Ryan, this is awesome.  :cheers:

I love your work, honestly I wasn't aware that you posted here. Glad you do.

DrumsAndBeer":65zwm05z said:
I wasn't aware that you posted here. Glad you do.
I read here more than I post. This is due to working 11 hour days, 7 days a week  :no: 
At the end of the day, my brain has just enough synapses firing to read a few posts, not quite enough to think of something to say. My new resolution is Sundays off so I can do something other than grinding briar all week !  :bounce: