GL Pease Bohemian Scandal - 13 years old +

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I recently opened a 2oz tin. A most amazing smelling blend. Very wine-like to the nose. Perfect moisture level. It is no Latakia bomb. A lot of citrus tastes when smoking. But not lemon or orange. Just that nice, refreshing tingle. Seems clean on the palate.

There is a faint earthy taste. A bit of leather. Tastes I associate with the great Syrian Latakia. Much less than I would find in Renaissance.

Seems to be very well balanced and extremely interesting. Blends like this can cause me to chew the heck out of a pipe bit. Best smoked in my ancient Castello 215 Natural Vergin, or my Ser Jacopo Vincent Van Gogh Picta 09 pipe. As they have tough stems and will stand up to the abuse. Burns to the bottom of the bowl with a dark gray speckled ash.

Later
Carlos

You should be ashamed of yourself. You made the rest of us that don't have this feel terrible and deprived. Isn't that a hate crime?

Slowroll":36v9bffm said:
You should be ashamed of yourself. You made the rest of us that don't have this feel terrible and deprived. Isn't that a hate crime?
:twisted: :lol!: :twisted:

Carlos, thanks for sharing your thoughts about this fine blend. It's from the GLP Heirloom Collection and should be around for many years to come.
Back while living in NY my buddy that owned a B&M at the time popped open a tin dated 2006. I have smoked a few bowls since and can also say it's not a Lat bomb and has an extremely pleasant taste without that sour lemon note that's noticeable in some Lat blends. Burns clean with few relights in a good briar. If you prefer it a bit sweeter by all means smoke this fine blend in your favorite Cob. It's both extremely smooth and smokey while NOT making those that might be near you run a far.....lol. Leaves a pleasant taste to the palate.
For me this is a 4 Star Lat blend.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Don't think it's been available for years-- that's why I made my sniveling comment :cry:

It's been off the shelves for some time now. It was available not long ago on 4Noggins website under consignment tobacco's.
Good Luck.

Email GLP and check if it will be available again. Was made before the FDA cut off date so I would be surprised it does not return to the shelves one day.

Corncobcon, PM SENT

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Bohemian Scandal was made with luscious Syrian LatWeed. All of Greg's Syrian was consumed in a warehouse fire many moons ago. Pipestud and others will occasionally have a few tins. Expect to pay big bucks for it. There will never be anymore :( FTRPLT

Thought there was a chance it was going to be made with Cyprian Latakia once again  :scratch:  :scratch:  

SUPER HIGH PRICE ON CONSIGNMENT @ 4Noggins...$175.00 for 2 oz.!!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":3ke910yb said:
Thought there was a chance it was going to be made with Cyprian Latakia once again  :scratch:  :scratch:  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Loneyotie... I could sell my liver on Craigslist to fund raise for us :lol!:

Thistleoak

I know I have a couple of tins stored in one of my big Rubbermaid containers, says 3 on my spreadsheet. I believe dated prior to 2009. I need to look ? once I feel like lifting. It was an excellent blend but far from the price of $175.00 for a 2 oz. tin. There are SO MANY blends still on the market that are not Lat forward and they smoke smooth and wonderful. Someone with loads of money will purchase that tin for $175.00!!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":d9rb6h34 said:
Was made before the FDA cut off date so I would be surprised it does not return]
A tobacco had to be in production as of the deaming regulation date. Having existed before that date but going out of production before that date does not count. This one is gone forever. :(

Fight 'n Hampsters ":3u1umbzc said:
A tobacco had to be in production as of the deaming regulation date. Having existed before that date but going out of production before that date does not count. This one is gone forever.
Appreciate the explanation and that's why the ridiculous prices I've found!! I thought it was any blend made prior to 2007 was in the safe zone, obviously not. A darn shame!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Thistleoak":7e0874et said:
Lonecoyote":7e0874et said:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Loneyotie... I could sell my liver on Craigslist to fund raise for us :lol!:
So tell me, what does pickled liver go for these days? :twisted:

When you look at the blend, really pick it apart. You can see that it is made up of numerous leaf's. I cannot tell what is a condiment and what is Virginia's/Latakia. But sometimes upon first light it is almost bitter for a minute. But get past it and it is bliss.

Could be the fact that I just drank a pot of coffee. But it's not always like that. Just sometimes.

Lonecoyote":t8wp6f0p said:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
I talked with Greg some time ago about the 4 blends that were discontinued due to the tragic warehouse fire of the precious Syrian Latakia. He said he had tried to recreate them using Cyprian, but they were so vastly different that they would not see the light of day again, at least under their original names (Raven's Wing, Renaissance, Mephisto, and Bohemian Scandal). Fun tidbit, Maltese Falcon is his attempted recreation of Raven's Wing.

joshoowah":gc9928b5 said:
Lonecoyote":gc9928b5 said:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
I talked with Greg some time ago about the 4 blends that were discontinued due to the tragic warehouse fire of the precious Syrian Latakia. He said he had tried to recreate them using Cyprian, but they were so vastly different that they would not see the light of day again, at least under their original names (Raven's Wing, Renaissance, Mephisto, and Bohemian Scandal). Fun tidbit, Maltese Falcon is his attempted recreation of Raven's Wing.
Makes me wish I had tried something with Syrian Latakia before it was all gone. As it stands now I do not like latakia blends (even after years of trying them out) and assume that just about everything I tried was Cyprian.