GL Pease Fillmore 2007

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
Fillmore, one of my favorites. I just opened this 07 tin this afternoon, the top and bottom of the tin was bulging out, so much so I was afraid the tin would burst open on its own. After opening I noticed that all the tobacco was covered with crystals, a very good sign. I plan on smoking a bowl or two after dinner. This should be good.....

I just bought 3 tins from 07 last night, let me know how it is, I am really looking forward to trying it. :D

alright guys, your holding out.

exactly how are you acquiring 'aged' tins?

5 more days 'til bow season

camo

*camoham":9q9tcpnb said:

camo
Easy answer, I bought the tins in 07'. I smoked a bowl this evening in my Castello # 55 and all I can say is magic. I usually like to smoke Fillmore with about six months in the tin, this is the first time I popped the lid on a three year old tin and what an amazing smoke, not to be missed.

Midnight Blues":z6cnsh8x said:
Fillmore, one of my favorites. I just opened this 07 tin this afternoon, the top and bottom of the tin was bulging out, so much so I was afraid the tin would burst open on its own. After opening I noticed that all the tobacco was covered with crystals, a very good sign. I plan on smoking a bowl or two after dinner. This should be good.....
Lovely! That is what it is all about.

There is nothing quite so satisfying then popping the lid on a bulging tin which you know if going to be just superb.

Enjoy!

camo
There have been several occasions i've ordered five or ten tins of a blend that i'm fond of, and i've recieved tins that several years old. Obviously, if you want aged tobacco, buy it and store it. However, sometimes you get lucky.

I second the comment on the satisfaction of opening a bulging tin.

Kapnismologist":iea2xfan said:
There is nothing quite so satisfying then popping the lid on a bulging tin which you know if going to be just superb.
Enjoy!
Thanks Kap,

Glad you're enjoying it! Filmore is far and away my favorite Va/Per blend. I never tire of it.

I supose I just live in an area dominated by cigar smokers. I seem to find aged tins regularly usually with below market pricing. Scks being me I guess :twisted:

Kapnismologist":79j6ykag said:
*camoham":79j6ykag said:
... exactly how are you acquiring 'aged' tins?
As above; really simple: 1) buy 'em; 2) put 'em on a shelf; 3) repeat.
i was more hoping you gents had a secret aged cellar dealer.

Scene 1

knock knock knock. little slide window opens.

Patron- 'hey buddy, you got any '07 westminster'

shady man behind the door- 'who wants to know'

Patron- 'its me camo, c'mon man sully told me you'd be alright'

shady man behind the door- 'sully still owes us for the last 3 tins. tell him we'll be lookin' for him, better square up with us before its too late'

Patron- 'alright, enough of sully already. i have the paper that speaks for itself (flashes wad'o cash).

shady man behind the door- 'that'd be 25 a tin'

Patron- 'just three for now'

shady man behind the door- puts tins in rotating exchange bin..............dont forget to tell sully.................or we will.

what a story, uh yeah.........that's what i had in mind

camo

*camoham":an5w0wqb said:

camo
Except for new releases, they move slowly enough at Mars for you to snag 3 yr old tins easily.

Buddy

*camoham":9mo0sni6 said:
Patron- 'hey buddy, you got any '07 westminster'
Cam, just so happens that I have 6 tins of 07' Westminster in the vault.....Should be just about right.