GL Pease Navigator

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone tried the new GLP Navigator yet? The description sounds right in my wheelhouse-

Brand: G. L. Pease
Blender: Greg Pease (Cornell & Diehl)
Tin Description: For centuries, men of the sea have known the pleasures of fine Virginia tobaccos, pressed and aged with a drop of rum. The addition of rich dark fired Kentucky leaf brings a new dimension to the flavor and aroma of this timeless combination.
Country of Origin: USA
Curing Group: Air Cured
Contents:
Kentucky
Cut: Flake
Packaging: 50 gr tin

No tasting notes are up yet on the review site, yet I tend to trust the experiences of those here on BoB first. I'll probably get a tin of this on my next order whenever that may be, but wanted to see if anyone here had a chance to test drive it yet.

Cheers,

RR

See the link for Kyle's excellent review

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t20580-i-just-tried-gl-pease-navigator?highlight=navigator

I ordered a few tins the day it was released.

Kyle got an a sample in advance I do believe. I am a big fan of VA/Dark Fired blends (Cumberland, Solani Silver Flake), so I for one am quite looking forward to trying it.

peckinpahhombre":sj3xrgm0 said:
See the link for Kyle's excellent review

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t20580-i-just-tried-gl-pease-navigator?highlight=navigator
For some crazy reason I missed this. Thanks for the link hombre.

DrumsAndBeer":sj3xrgm0 said:
I ordered a few tins the day it was released.

Kyle got an a sample in advance I do believe. I am a big fan of VA/Dark Fired blends (Cumberland, Solani Silver Flake), so I for one am quite looking forward to trying it.
Can say the same here, so I'll be looking forward to this.

Cheers,

RR

A GLP blend without Perique ! I'll have to give it a try next year :p

ditto - waiting for my tins to arrive from smokingpipes. ordered on the 24th.

It's gonna be a winner among many of the Brothers. I'll just say that. Meanwhile, I'm gonna wait until the buying hoo-ha dies down about the stuff and then get a few tins when they are readily available...by the time a few months roll by, I can probably afford a few tins to get back into trying to figure it out. It's a very interesting blend, Greg did his masterful work once again. I can't wait to hear what you guys think of it.

8)

I have some on the way.
Ordered this last night:

5 tins of Navigator
2 tins of Christmas Cheer '12
and an 8 oz can of Union Square
to round up to free shipping. ;)

I'll be adding a handful of tins to my next order... And here I thought I had too many favorites as it is...

s.ireland":fd6cbvc6 said:
I'll be adding a handful of tins to my next order... And here I thought I had too many favorites as it is...
Shane, you were one of the first people I thought of when I tried this, to be honest. REALLY on pins and needles to hear your thoughts, especially.

8)

I tend to be scared away from anything that hints at topping or casing since I find this gives me tongue burn something fierce - 'tis the reason I eschew aromatics for the most part. Anything to worry about here? The reference to rum has frightened me away for the time being.

I'm a sucker for all things Pease, so I expect I'll be ordering a few tins in the next couple of weeks or so.

Dang! I didn't realize it was out yet, and I just placed an order the other day. Must've glanced right over it.

Kyle Weiss":1r6fxpfc said:
s.ireland":1r6fxpfc said:
Shane, you were one of the first people I thought of when I tried this, to be honest. REALLY on pins and needles to hear your thoughts, especially.

8)
Well I remember reading the first description a few months back... It sounded great. I'm glad you were able to try the blend and confirm that it's a typical GLP masterPease! The real exciting stuff happens a year from now! It's bound to age beautifully

s.ireland":a5rv89sj said:
The real exciting stuff happens a year from now! It's bound to age beautifully
Time will be good to this blend, fo'sho. :D

8)

Sounds like a blend my grandfather would have smoked, that or one of the fishermen guys down by the pier. Must pick some up!

so i got my two tins yesterday. one for the cellar and one for now.

had my first bowl today and Lady N positively kicked my butt into next week.

did i have a weird experience or does this stuff put irish flake and tambolaka to shame?

doody.

nb: i am a nic lightweight - never been a nicotine fan.