Glencairn Whisky Glass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-R.

Reaction score
My Glencairn whisky glass came in the mail today, and after christening it with some Talisker 10 and Laphroaig 18, I'm ready to declare that I'm happy with the purchase.

I was a little surprised at the daintiness of the glass, and it took a few tastes to get used to how much I had to toss my head back -- maybe I have a larger nose than average -- but the payoff is worth it.

I've been using a cognac/balloon snifter for single malts, but I suspect that I'm going to make more use of the Glencairn. I won't suggest that the difference between the two glasses is astronomical, but I think the Glencairn does help concentrate the nose of the whisky a bit more at the time of drinking and that brought out a few subtleties in the Laphroaig that I hadn't noticed before.

Now I just need to buy a new single malt to really break the glasses in. :)

Try some Macallan or maybe some Dalwhinie.... The aroma will really explode out of your new tasting glass !!!

I have a pair of those glasses, love em. Laphroig is an excellent choice, try Balvenie Doublewood also, excellent stuff.