Go Home Dunhill, You're Drunk...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocelot55

Reaction score
I think someone had one too many nips of the good stuff when they turned this at the Dunhill factory.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I've seen this before and I don't know anything about Dunhill's but, I would assume there's a cap missing
to cover either end when smoked otherwise the tobacco would not only fall out there would such an open
draw you couldn't smoke it with any satisfaction. :suspect: 

WOW, I never really thought much of Dunhill pipes, but wow... I bet is sells for 6354634638736546843654 dollars...

I used to smoke my cigars by cutting a draw hole in the side and lighting both ends.  Of course, that was back in the day when I couldn't stop the darkness from screaming, and they took me away to a special place.

Seriously, it looks like it's caked a bit, indicating some clown actually used it.  What the friggin' F?

Yeah, there has to be some sort of cap or plug, like Cart was saying. Otherwise I don't think you could even get it lit. Makes me think of this old Far Side...

Now THAT defines an 'open draw" and ".... will pass a cleaner test" for sure !! What's wrong with that? Meets all the "important" aspects of a good pipe  :twisted: :twisted: 

I think someone just got too agressive with the reamer.  :lol!: 

taharris":48gh2spp said:
Oh!  It's a pipe!

I thought it was a putter.   :shock: 
It's actually a regulation British Croquet Mallet as used in championship play  :twisted: :twisted: 

Good for a rainy day or when the wind is in your face. That's what we call burning the candle from both ends.
I've seen lots of old Dunhill's but never that shape. Pretty cool collectible.

Apparently this thing sold for US $2,236.99. I'm surprised that it sold at all. The magic of a name on a piece of wood! I'm not knockin' it--much--but I can think of better "investments." Even as a one-off, who cares, other than a museum curator perhaps?

Richard Burley":g4ec13ah said:
 Even as a one-off, who cares, other than a museum curator perhaps?
+1
Who knows, it was probably bought by someone in the Dunhill Archives?? And I'm totally surprised that there was actually more than one bidder!!! Different strokes for different folks.

Dunhills sell for stupid prices. This pipe is a glorified crochet mallet.

With that said, I have never cared for Dunhill, but there is one pipe on eBay screaming buy me, which I can't do.