God awful BURLEY! YUK!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone having problems with burley should look to MacBaren Old Dark Fired, or any number of plugs/flakes by the Gawith Houses. Really great, cool smoking blends. Those typical over-the-counter type burley blends can be really touchy about how they are smoked.

monbla256":462cjd13 said:
Cartaphilus":462cjd13 said:
Thanks Rob, that explains a lot and confirms others. Like I had mentioned in another post
I have some GLP Union Square that no matter how or what I smoke it in, it tastes like dry dirt.
Reckon I'm just a straight VA man.
I definately concur with your assesment of US. But as our resident 'bac expert Yak has told us it's THE ONLY true Va blend. ALL the rest have Burley in 'em! :twisted:

Ya, if Union Square is a problem for you it's something other than burley that's getting you in that blend. It's a straight VA, too, as Monbla has mentioned.

When it's green (at least), it's very subtle stuff. Like harpsichord music would be when what you're used to is Heavy Metal.

:face:

Thank you all but, I'm stay'en away from Burley completely. It don't take a house to fall on me
to let me know it just doesn't agree with me, that and I just can't afford to purchase something
I may have to just toss.
As to the GLP US, I was just mentioning that to me it tastes like Dry DIRT not that it had Burley
in it, just for the record, although it does bite just a bit (to me).
At this point and time, I'm very satisfied with what I smoke but, will try any NONE Burley blended VA
even if a horse had ate it first but, no Burley my friends.
Heck, maybe I just have a sensitive pallet from smoking all those Camel non-filters and drink'en that Ever-clear
most my life.

Cartaphilus":c7kuc3k0 said:
Thank you all but, I'm stay'en away from Burley completely. It don't take a house to fall on me
to let me know it just doesn't agree with me, that and I just can't afford to purchase something
I may have to just toss.
As to the GLP US, I was just mentioning that to me it tastes like Dry DIRT not that it had Burley
in it, just for the record, although it does bite just a bit (to me).
At this point and time, I'm very satisfied with what I smoke but, will try any NONE Burley blended VA
even if a horse had ate it first but, no Burley my friends.
Heck, maybe I just have a sensitive pallet from smoking all those Camel non-filters and drink'en that Ever-clear
most my life.
Well, your'e gonna have to stop smoking a pipe then! According to Yak, EVERY blend has Burley in it except the old Virginia #10 and Pease's Union Square! That's EVERY blend sold today :twisted:

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: Yeah!
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: ................

im the oposite...straight Virginias bite my tongue real bad.. Burley is great! but its easy to mask, and can take on characteristics of other things. In my experience, anything that has a heavy burley percentage, is very tempermental to heat, and looses flavoring and kinda sours, if it I puff on it too hard/too much. I like the taste of VAs better tho' ;D so thats what Ive been smoking here lately.

Mumbler":dq0vvv78 said:
EVERY blend has Burley in it except the old Virginia #10
Not so. Union Square contains no Burley.

Other Virginias (flakes, ribbons, whatever) routinely do.

BSVa10 almost undoubtedly did contain a smidgeon of it.

:face: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: