Going to New York City

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asianhombre

Reaction score
Friends:

I'm traveling to NYC next week. Any suggestions on must-visit places or things to do?

Cheers

My favorites notification is not working on the PipesMagazine forum, so I'm not sure you saw my reply there. PM me if you need to chat or need more info on my recommendation (Florios) I saved my travel info from my previous visit, here's subway info. It is about a 5 minute ride from Penn Station to that stop.
To: 192 GRAND ST, New York, NY
Start out going East on W 33RD ST (PENN PLZ)
Keep moving ahead on W 33RD ST
Turn left onto AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS (6TH AVE)
Entrance near intersection of W 34TH ST and AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS (6TH AVE)
Take the D train from 34 Street - Herald Sq station heading Downtown / to Coney Island
Get off at Grand Street
Exit near intersection of GRAND ST and CHRYSTIE ST
Start out going West on GRAND ST towards BOWERY
Keep moving ahead on GRAND ST (THE ORDER SONS OF ITALY WAY)
Total travel time 27 mins
------------------------

pipe related, I'd say:

De La Concha Tobacconists. 1390 Sixth Avenue (Avenue of the Americas) between 56th and 57th.
Barclay Rex. There are a couple. I've only been to the one at 70 East 42nd Street.

Have fun!

Go to Nat Sherman (I believe it's on 5th Avenue) and have a smoke in the cushy chairs.

Go to the Cloisters and make a small donation. Walk around looking at all the awesome European medieval art. They'll give you a lapel pin and since the Cloisters is part of the Met you can then catch the train downtown to roll through the Met for free. I used to do it all the time.

Go to Gray's Papaya on Broadway and 72? They have awesome hot dogs! Get the pineapple drink.

Cheers & Health,
Milan

If the weather isn't too frigid, walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. Also consider taking the Staten Island Ferry for a loop. Both are free and offer amazing views of some classic city landmarks.

I am definitely going to check this out. I did see your reply at Pipes magazine, thank you!

-M

riff raff":wn52me76 said:
My favorites notification is not working on the PipesMagazine forum, so I'm not sure you saw my reply there. PM me if you need to chat or need more info on my recommendation (Florios) I saved my travel info from my previous visit, here's subway info. It is about a 5 minute ride from Penn Station to that stop.
To: 192 GRAND ST, New York, NY
Start out going East on W 33RD ST (PENN PLZ)
Keep moving ahead on W 33RD ST
Turn left onto AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS (6TH AVE)
Entrance near intersection of W 34TH ST and AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS (6TH AVE)
Take the D train from 34 Street - Herald Sq station heading Downtown / to Coney Island
Get off at Grand Street
Exit near intersection of GRAND ST and CHRYSTIE ST
Start out going West on GRAND ST towards BOWERY
Keep moving ahead on GRAND ST (THE ORDER SONS OF ITALY WAY)
Total travel time 27 mins
------------------------