Going to try Grousemoor today

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innovador

Reaction score
I am planning to try SG Grousemoor today. I opened the tin yesterday and my first impression was of some cheap cologne with heavy lemon fragance. I have read some reviews at tobaccorevies.com on it and the concensus is that you either hate it or you love this blend. I wonder if you care to give your opinions on this weird blend from SG.

Very interested in what you have to say about this, I've been wanting to try it myself as well.

I just tried Grousemoor and for me it was neither love nor hate. The strong aroma to lemon was all the time while and I keep puffing and puffing until the bowl was finished. It is an interesting and curious smoke every smoker should try at least one! I am not sure I will buy it again but I am looking forward to my second bowl to see if it becomes a great or hideous blend for me.

itsKot, if you are into aromatics you may probably like this blend. If you are not a fan of aromatics, you could be puzzled by it or go right into loving or hating it.

Love the stuff, but I can't find any fresh (tinned within the last three years). When it is older, it loses its topping.

Buddy

As of late I've been enamored with lakelands, telling myself to try this and that all over the place. I tend to lean towards a lighter lakeland essence, where would you say this one falls?

itsKot":y6rz0ig0 said:
As of late I've been enamored with lakelands, telling myself to try this and that all over the place. I tend to lean towards a lighter lakeland essence, where would you say this one falls?
To my tastes, the essense is medium-heavy, but it's an aromatic tobacco--the flavoring almost completely overshadows the taste of the component tobaccos. There's stuff with heavier scent, but in Grousemoor, the scent is the blend. Not really my cup of tea, but I can see why people dig it.