Going to try to blend some tobaccos together

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmen84

Reaction score
I was thinking of blending some tobacco particularly MCCLELLAND NO. 605 PASTRY I'm not exactly sure what I should try blending with I'm in aromatics fan. I was just curious as to whether any of you gentlemen had experience with blending tobaccos? If so what was outcome for you?

I'm smoking a pipe for over 47 years and blending and making my own pressed cake/Kake blends for over 42 years. Do you enjoy spice from Perique or the smokiness and flavors of Latakia's? I make 3 different tobacco's with a cigar blend also.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I have been known to dabble in the Craft...............

I haven't tried the blend you mentioned, so it would be tough to hazard a guess to what may be the direction you want to go with it. I just looked at the reviews/description on TR, and my gut tells me it might be nice with a bit of Izmir. That would probably lend it a floral note between the two. To bring it down in pitch, and perhaps kick in some vitamin 'N', almost 15% should be Perique. That will keep the sweetness going too, just with a few base notes.

If you want to play in the Burley Garden, and pull in a nutty flavor to the described sweetness the original blend has, try adding some burley, or maybe put a bit of an edge to it, and mix about one third Kentucky in. That will also really back off the sweetness, but might sustain the room note.

If you try a touch of Latakia, the vanilla topping will turn more of a burnt marshmallow/caramel sensation. But just a touch.

There are more things you could do as well, let your tastes be your guide. Experiment with really small amounts, record EVERYTHING you try.

Swing, Batter!

:cheers: