gold, yellow, light, blond VA recommendations, Please

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Clemons

Reaction score
Greetings folks,

Starting to get a bit more time to post. Anyway, with summer approaching, I tend to move to lighter virginias. Looking to expand my repertoire. So, thanks in advance for any suggestions and recommendations. Cheers,

TC

If you're going the natural route (less highly played-with), your obvious point of departure would be Best Brown.

:face:

Hi Tom, SG's MVF/ Golden Glow, witch i'm smoking now, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

Troost Special Cavendish would be one I would try based upon your description in the subject line. It is very good IMHO.

For real hot summer days I enjoy packing some Kite in a small bent pipe. It's a mixture of Turkish, burley and bright VAs with menthol and anise. The tobacco taste is primarily VAs though.

C&D makes several lemon VA blends #450, #453 and #457 that you might enjoy. My favorite of the three for smoking during the summer is #457 though #453 is a little lighter in flavor. If you want a sample of #453, just PM me your mailing address. I also have a few pouches of Gallgher's Mellow Virginia to share. It does have a bit of Lakeland aroma and taste however.

Jim

Thanks so much for all the recommendations. I'll start picking up a tin here or there. I look forward to the continuing journey.

Cheers,

TC

If you want a really nice soft and very tasty Virginia try 'Old Red' from pipesandcigars.com. It's reasonably priced and I guarantee you will enjoy it. Check out the reviews on tobaccoreviews.com and you will see what I mean. It is located in their bulk section under Scotty's blends.

A nice light Virginia for the hot days of summer would be McClelland No. 22 Virginia or Sam Gawith Golden Glow.

My reach for VA choices in the dog days of Summer:

C&D Briar Fox
G&H Brite CR Flake
Rattray Hal o the Wind (this fine VA mixture is great the year round)
Solani 633 (a lighter Vaper)
GLP Fillmore or Stratford (both fairly light Vapers)
Reiner Long Golden Flake (a nice VA flake with some Burley and Perique, just enough to say that it's an 'enhanced' VA Flake)

:pipe: