Good-Bye Winter...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

...and good riddance! Your cruel, cold hands were wrapped around us for far too long this year, and now it’s time to leave. Today marks your last day for 2010, may your icy grasp be loosed from us so the warm air of spring can finally thaw us.
Let the trees, grass and flowers sprout forth in celebration of your leaving. May our bodies be loosed and freed of their coverings and released to the Sun to receive the vitamin D we’ve been deprived of for so long. Let us rejoice and make our plans of fishing, hiking, biking, beach trips and for the ability to smoke our pipes outside without freezing our arses off.
Ahhh warm Sun, it’s no wonder many of our ancestors worshipped you, after a long cold winter you feeeel soooo good, like a lover whose been away on a long trip, now that you’ve come back I don’t want to let you go, but just lay with you for hours.

Happy Spring Brothers, me & the Sun Goddess have a date.
:sunny: :flower: :sunny: :flower: :sunny: :flower: :sunny: :flower:

The only downside of spring & summer is that it brings the DOT out to play

Here we only have two seasons... Winter Season & Construction Season :shock:

^^^^^^^

We do get to play baseball during construction season though, its quite the fun week!

Strangely we had the mildest winter that I can remember here. Especially strange when you compare it to how the rest of the country was doing. Cherry trees are already loosing their blossoms.

Some spring pics taken around the house the other day by my wife. Seems an apt thread in which to share 'em:

Mild winter here, and dry. Supposed to be a hot summer this year in our area. Nice spring pics!!!

Slow Puffs":2ldk9q25 said:
Here we only have two seasons... Winter Season & Construction Season :shock:
That's how it is here too...

I'm glad I don't work pool installation anymore...

ftrplt":3upqupit said:
71F and sunny here yesterday; 28F and snow today :shock: FTRPLT
Low 70's here in North Kacky Lacky!

It's very near the end of the age man!!!

Celebrated the first day of spring by riding the Harley to Cumberland Gap and up to Middlesboro. It was glorious!

Here's what the first day of spring brought us in central Missouri!

Cole%20Camp%20snow%20%20001.jpg
Cole%20Camp%20snow%20%20002.jpg

My grass is greening up already. Put the little-used blower away, got out the lawn furniture, changed the oil in the mower. Have about 50 cigars ready for the yard. I'm set!