Good condition?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumball

Reaction score
$T2eC16R,!%29UE9s3wCLukBQuoJ!64lQ~~60_12.JPG

This is a lovely briar pipe, which has been medium smoked. There is some charring of the front rim. However the smoking chamber is good and solid. This is a nice looking pipe, and nice to hold in the hand. The pipe is in good condition and looks fine. The aluminium liner is not present. This is a sollid Dunhill Estate Pipe with a lot of smoking left in it.

Pipes of this age and condition are collector's items and can be smoked with great pleasure. A lovely piece.
That looks like more than a little light charring on the rim to me.

There have been quite a few Dunnies on fleabay with that same charring going down, must all have belonged to the same guy, what a horrid thing to do to such a gorgeous pipe, naughty past owner, very naughty.

I like those that say:
I know nothing about pipes. I bought these from an estate sale. Pipes appear to be well cared for. Items from a tobacco and pet free home".
Seller just knows enough to put a min bid of four times what is is worth..

That looks like the 1111. There's a couple of others from the same guy with the identical charring. It's a sahme to see pipes like that abused so.

This comes from lighting your pipe with a torch light while driving really fast in a convertible going in reverse. Happens all the time. :D

I'm thinking maybe a rich well to do guy smoked it on New Year's Eve, then chukked it in the fireplace for good luck at the stroke of midnight.

Then, some tightwad like me witnessed the event and dove in after it, cleaned it up a bit, then posted it on ebay. :rendeer:

MisterE":ljf5jnmd said:
That looks like the 1111. There's a couple of others from the same guy with the identical charring. It's a sahme to see pipes like that abused so.
Ditto that! It is almost criminal.

It sold for £52 + postage.

People seem to love that white spot :)

Jerry Lee Lewis used to char his pipes like that, according to an article and pictures in P & T magazine. But his were charred on the side, if memory serves, which I can almost understand. But how in hell do you char the front?