Good Evening from California!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toad Hall

Reaction score
Good evening to all!

I stumbled across this forum a few months ago, and figure that it is about time that I became a member. What a great collection of knowledge and personalities! I have been smoking pipes as a past time for about ten years now, and find it to be a wonderful way to relax and escape from the calamities of life. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Cheers Gentlemen!

Welcome to the forum from about as Southern as California gets!

It's great to have you here and do stop by often :cheers:

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time reading & posting here

"T"

Always nice to see another California pipe enthusiast. Welcome to the board.

Rob_In_MO":aco1b1z2 said:
Sorry, but I just have to ask this = are you a fan of Frog Morton blends? :lol:

:lol!:

............................... Anyway..... welcome Toad!

Nice to have you here Toad. Lots of good info and people here.

From N. California.

:sunny:

Thank you everyone, it's good to be here!

@Rob_In_MO - Ha, ha, too funny. It would make sense wouldn't it! Actually, I'm not a huge fan of the "Frog Morton" series. I love the artwork on the "tins," but I'm not a big fan of Latakia. I've had a tin of each of the four different blends for some time now, but never really enjoyed the flavor much (though it is growing on me). It does taste better with a cup of coffee though. Perhaps I could "cut" the Latakia with another tobacco to make them more to my liking? Suggestions anyone?

Actually, I assumed my avatar/name from Mr. Toad (of Toad Hall). You know, from the book "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame. He is a regal (yet out of control) character that I thought was fitting for a pipe-smoker avatar. Anyways, cheers!

@loneredtree/s.ireland/ and DrumsAndBeer - Always good to see fellow California pipe smokers! Sometimes I think that we are a dying breed!

Toad Hall":vzh0jslv said:
@loneredtree/s.ireland/ and DrumsAndBeer - Always good to see fellow California pipe smokers! Sometimes I think that we are a dying breed!
Too true. I was smoking my pipe the other day while doing some yard work out front. My neighbor gave me the strangest look when he saw me lighting up my cob on the side of the house.

He later told me "Not to worry about "it"." ;)

As it turned out he thought I was smoking something entirely different. I told him I smoked pipe tobacco, to which he said "People still smoke actual pipes? Weird." :shock: