Good morning Gentlemen...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Briar Spirit":w1eixief said:
Evening there old bean, another from good ol'Blightey right here, welcome to BoB.  :sunny: 
I say old chap, thats splendid! I was beginning to wonder if there were any pipe smokers in the UK!

Stick":zipnenvd said:
Brewdude":zipnenvd said:
Welcome to BoB Mr, Blighty.

I've enjoyed your fair country on a number of occasions and have a few mates there that are like brothers.

Where do you make your home?

Cheers,

RR
Good evening Sir,

I'm lucky enough to call Devonshire my home.  A land of mystery and legend, and the inspiration for such stories as Hound of the Baskervilles.

Where are your friends from Mr Brewdude?
My best mate resides near Halifax, W Yorks. He grew up in the W Midlands. (God save us from Hell, Hull, and Halifax - especially the Halifax Gibbet!) :eek: 

Another makes his home in new forest near Woking.

And my ruff-and-ready mate is a retired coal miner up Rotherham way, S Yorks.

All are dear mates.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":rgdug906 said:
Stick":rgdug906 said:
Brewdude":rgdug906 said:

I've enjoyed your fair country on a number of occasions and have a few mates there that are like brothers.

Cheers,

RR
Good evening Sir,

I'm lucky enough to call Devonshire my home.  A land of mystery and legend, and the inspiration for such stories as Hound of the Baskervilles.

My best mate resides near Halifax, W Yorks. He grew up in the W Midlands. (God save us from Hell, Hull, and Halifax - especially the Halifax Gibbet!) :eek: 

All are dear mates.

Cheers,

RR
Sounds like you have some good friends there Brewdude. I take it from your name you still enjoy a cup of tea?

Moosecop":elnnmh8l said:
welcome from the land of cheese in the US.. Wisconsin...
Cheese and wisconsin? What's the connection Moosecop? Is it like cider from Somerset, jellied eels from London, pork pies from melton mowbray?

Stick":mptnk0ha said:
Brewdude":mptnk0ha said:
Stick":mptnk0ha said:
Brewdude":mptnk0ha said:

Cheers,

RR
Good evening Sir,

All are dear mates.

Cheers,

RR
Sounds like you have some good friends there Brewdude.  I take it from your name you still enjoy a cup of tea?
Nay, nay lad. I'm a brewer of fine ales I am.

Cheeky monkey!

:joker: 

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":n3owlpce said:
Stick":n3owlpce said:
Stick":n3owlpce said:

Cheers,

RR
Good evening Sir,

All are dear mates.

Cheers,

RR
Sounds like you have some good friends there Brewdude.  I take it from your name you still enjoy a cup of tea?
Nay, nay lad. I'm a brewer of fine ales I am.

Cheeky monkey!

:joker: 

Cheers,

RR
 :lol!:  I say, that did make my chuckle. I do so enjoy a jolly jape!

Stick":0vmwq8zc said:
Brewdude":0vmwq8zc said:

Cheers,

RR
Good evening Sir,

Welcome. You'll love it here. As a side note, I named one of my pipes "The Devonshire" quite a while back. It was such a pretty name I couldn't resist using it.

Here's a pic of it:

img_0210.jpg

Growley":o4vh0rf6 said:
Stick":o4vh0rf6 said:
Brewdude":o4vh0rf6 said:

Cheers,

RR
Good evening Sir,

Welcome. You'll love it here. As a side note, I named one of my pipes "The Devonshire" quite a while back. It was such a pretty name I couldn't resist using it.

Here's a pic of it:

img_0210.jpg
Gosh that really is a beautiful pipe Growley, and the name is proving most agreeable! You certainly have an eye for fine lines. If you would like some inspiration for more names themed around Devonshire, let me know. I'll gladly help you out...

Briar Spirit":967br96u said:
Evening there old bean, another from good ol'Blightey right here, welcome to BoB.  :sunny: 
Good evening old chap. I've just been reading through this thread again and realised that the penny didn't drop the first time that you're from Blighty too. Feel kind of silly now. Good to have a fellow from the same side of the pond in the Brotherhood!

Strictly speaking I am half Sioux on my mothers side and half Irish on me Da's side but I was born and dragged up kicking and screaming in England. I never know if I should consider myself Native American, Irish or English, seeing as I was born in England and it's too complicated for my brain-pan to get to grips with I just consider myself English for simplicity.

Briar Spirit":4txplbhn said:
Strictly speaking I am half Sioux on my mothers side and half Irish on me Da's side but I was born and dragged up kicking and screaming in England. I never know if I should consider myself Native American, Irish or English, seeing as I was born in England and it's too complicated for my brain-pan to get to grips with I just consider myself English for simplicity.
You have a rich heritage there BriarSpirit. It's a little like age really; if age wasn't a number, how old would you be? It's what's inside that counts...

Briar Spirit":boi043tj said:
Strictly speaking I am half Sioux on my mothers side .
I knew you were connected to the Great Spirit...but I didn't know it was through the Native American angle.

Hello and Welcome to the Forum from John in NJ...   :study: