Good tobacco in a rare surrounding

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scot's

Reaction score
I have one of "those" cigar stores in my neighborhood where all the cigars fit in a humidified case the size of an entertainment center that you keep your TV in. The rest of the store is alternative smoking implements, swords and knives. Well today I walked by and lo and behold in the front case sitting next to the coffee cans of Velvet and Captain Black were 3 8oz tins of Plum Pudding and 2 or 3 2oz tins of Seattle Evening priced at $30.99 and $12.99 respectively, which is within a couple dollars to the price at P&C...

Most of the surprise is seeing them in the first place... but at a competitive price, in Washington, where 50g Dunhill tins are $28... I'm double shocked :!:

Scott

Good find. Maybe they are open to carrying more of the "better" tobaccos.

Scot's":fgg1r61a said:
I have one of "those" cigar stores in my neighborhood where all the cigars fit in a humidified case the size of an entertainment center that you keep your TV in. The rest of the store is alternative smoking implements, swords and knives. Well today I walked by and lo and behold in the front case sitting next to the coffee cans of Velvet and Captain Black were 3 8oz tins of Plum Pudding and 2 or 3 2oz tins of Seattle Evening priced at $30.99 and $12.99 respectively, which is within a couple dollars to the price at P&C...

Most of the surprise is seeing them in the first place... but at a competitive price, in Washington, where 50g Dunhill tins are $28... I'm double shocked :!:

Scott
$28 for Dunhill... If I ever move to WA, it will be with a well stocked cellar.

Hey Gravel, don't know where you are in Oregon but man I miss Rich's and Paul's at Jantzen Beach. I know it's not that cheap there but better than here.

Scott

If you do a little business with them (buying a couple of tins), they might be more open to stocking other blends for you. This might open up a new market for them, which it sounds like they need.