Goodbye to a Legend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Centurian 803

Reaction score
Just heard yesterday of the passing of Bluegrass Legend Earle Scruggs. Hope he and Lester are reunited now and playing bluegrass for the angels!

I loved his music growing up, and always wished I could have seen them play. And some of my favorite Beverly hillbillies episodes were when they were uest stories

I grew up listening to them along with every other bluegrass star because my Grandfather loved bluegrass and played it as well. I am simply amazed that the younger generation even listens to it as well. He will be missed but his music will continue!

May the mighty circle be unbroken!

Bluegrass music is a true-blue American music, encapsulating elements of modern improvisational jazz as well as keeping the old-world elements all boilin' down to somethin' ain't not nobody can really explain with scholarly language acause ya get the real feelin' deepdown to those bones & you know, you KNOW. You feel it down the spine & tappin' to toes, that stuff getsa goin & goin in the right direction if I may so add...

...my momma told me Earl & Scruggs always came on the picture box back in the not-so-recent past & glory be what glory is...

...nowadays there's such an overwhelming overlaod of sensory information a-mile-a-minnit quick'r thanna jackrabbit dash-grab & folks tend to grab onta some identity as representing who they are as individuals...it actually is a bit better now that information is so free, like somebody ain't gotta be pegg'd as a leatherclad deathmetal gruff persona, it seems more allowable for a "genre" person to also dig other forms of music, I was very happy to learn of the Doom Metal Drone Dudes who actually dug the stuff & went seeking the roots of their beloved whatever & it lead to 60's minimalism drone music, which would seem odd, but these here computers are makin' us smarter by golly!

...that said, I lament those old days wereupon within a cohesive value system we could all unify in that one righteous groove, just gettin' dirty with the earth & feelin' the goodness of the Lord, whatsoever may embody said Lord, The Lord is always good & good music don't letya fergit it!

...somethin' like the Louvin Brothers ~ Cash On The Barrel Head" illustrates most poignantly that long-lost America which sometimes seems sadly forgotten...

Break down the Foggy Mountain!!!

Hallelujah & hellyeah!!!!

Scruggs ain't never gonna die acause his strings keepa singin the strongest Truth!