Got a new meerschaum!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody! Just got back from our annual father-and-son 3-D archery outing in the Austrian Alps. We had a blast and enjoyed a perfect Indian Summer at 3,500 ft.

Waiting for me when we got home was the Lion's head Meerschaum pipe I had ordered a few weeks back. I found an online dealer from Eskisehir, Turkey, who runs a small workshop with a few master carvers.

Now I've read a bit about the dangers of ordering online and getting ripped off, but I felt good about this guy. His web site is serious, and he had been around for a while (25 years in the business, though only recently on the web) and gotten some good reviews. So, anyway, I placed an order for the pipe pictured below, but wanted it fitted for a 9 mm filter, since that's how I smoke my pipes. The proprietor informed me that they could fulfill my request for a very reasonable additional charge.

The pipe is exquisite, smokes well, and is made of 100% block Meerschaum, not the cheap pressed stuff. And it only cost me $80 plus shipping! Anyway, judge for yourself, but I was not willing to pay the exorbitant prices that the German middle men charge on one of these, and I feel that I've done my part to help keep a small family business alive.

If you want to check it out, here's the link:
http://turkishmeerschaumpipes.com/index.php

And here's a picture:

Checked out the site and I really like his 'figural" pipes. They all had expressive faces and that's a sign of a good carver !! Looks like ya got a good un!! :twisted:

Looks like there work is very detailed for the price. Good buy. What type of filters do you prefer.

Good looking meer. I recently had a totally custom meer Raven made for the same price I posted pics and a link on the Ye old pipe rack group under Custom Meers. Bahri Tuner was the carver and I highly recommend him for any meer pipes. You do have a beauty there. If you're looking for more Meers check out Bahri. I'm going to be approaching him about a custom order for St. Patrick's day.

Hawker":swimhakb said:
Looks like there work is very detailed for the price. Good buy. What type of filters do you prefer.
Hi Hawker, I use Vauen Dr. Perl Junior 9 mm filters. I have tried others, but those are the easiest to find over here in Germany.
The activated charcoal in the filter does a great job of absorbing tar without altering the taste of the smoke.