Got a Question about FVF Please

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip48

Reaction score
Ok I have never had any to even try, but have 2 tins here today. Now I know it's going to be better if I age it, but I also plan on getting more when I get a chance. So do I bust one of these open to try some or do I hold it and try some I get later?

Inquiring minds want to know, or at least mine does, LOL!

Skip

Can you put off tasting that creamy rich sweet leaf of the gods?,,,can you wait wondering what all the fuss is about?,,,,can you send me both tins to cellar for you?,,,,, :p

I'm with Aaron, open one,,,

Skip, opening one doesn't mean you can't age it afterwards. Open a tin and give it a try. Chunk the rest into a mason jar and seal it up, put it away for a while and try it again later. How else will you have something to compare it with? I like aged tobacco and am building up a pretty good cellar full of the stuff, but we got to smoke something in the meantime and it doesn't make sense to just smoke Captain Black while we are waiting.

Thanks guys I am trying to build up my back stash too, but Mark I think you have got it right when you ask if I can put off tasting it, probably not even if I was to wait a little bit, I would eventually open one before long anyway.

Skip

Wow 2 years min. Man that is a long time to wait. Maybe I need to try and find someone that has some older to sell.

Heck at this point I just hope to still be here alive then, LOL!

Skip

Alright Skip,
My two tins of FVF came in a couple of days ago and I stashed them way behind everything else so it would be out of sight out of mind. I've been thinking about it all day and I guess I'll join you and crack one and we can compare notes after Thanksgiving.

I did just that, but I vacuumed sealed the rest of the open tin. I liked it a lot, but I like a lot of good Virginia's so not having smoked any aged tobacco other than the aging they use on making them I don't know how much it will change. I did enjoy it and will buy more to put back and will most likely dip back into the one in the jar. I know for me anyway it takes several bowls to really know what I think and sometimes more than that.

Skip

i'm probably going to go with Yak on this one. I just tried some that I got from the B&M, it had atleast a year on it, it's gonna need some more. Flavor was good but it was a tad spicing in the back of the mouth, I'll probably put it in a jar, pop it in my cigar humi to bring up the moisture to optimum for aging and then cap it. Luckily it's a straight VA so I don't have to worry about stinking up the humi. I'll probably pop it in a year and give it another try, but from my experience with aging cigars I'm guessing it's going to need about 3 to take the final edge off.

Yak":pshi6r24 said:
Two years -- minimum.

IMHO

:face:
Hear Hear!!!!!
Yak you be saluted brother!

FVF becomes a different animal with age................. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh those sugar crystals forming, pure eye candy!!!