Got my Missouri Meerschaums today.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewPipe

Reaction score
I love it when you come home to a parcel waiting for you.

I took some of the brothers advice and invested in 3 Missouri Meers, $40 all up delivered, to Australia, in a week not bad at all.

Diplomat 5th Avenue straight filtered,
Patriot straight,
Mizzou-unfiltered.

Having a quick look the bowl and where the draw hole is I notice that it's a little different to the Peterson.

Can I just pack one and start smoking or are there things I need to know before I do so?

Have I got all I need to start smoking or have I forgotten a piece of kit?

Are there particular tobaccos blends that are good with a cob?

Got pipe got baccy got a box of matches. Anything else I need to know.

All advice appreciated.

Congrats on the MMs!

JP's primer has everything, and more, for you to refer.

All I can add is: I hope you enjoy them.

8)

That's a nice variety! I hope you enjoy them. As for tobaccos, everyone is different, but I prefer to smoke Virginias, VaPers, and old fashioned burley blends in cobs

Thanks for the help.

So far I really like the Diplomat with filter out, think the Patriot will be good.

Might even gift the smaller Mizzou to my brother who really got me in to pipe smoking. He not a regular smoker, doesn't smoke RYO, I think the smaller Mizzou will suit him and get his collection going. He just ordered a nice Stanwell.

I didn't know that the cob's had a clay element to them. Yes I'm a little green but learning.

All advice appreciated.

Glad they made it brother. Cobs are awesome and cheap normally. Enjoy.

I got 4 Country Gentlemans Cobs in the mail .. unfortunately that haven't arrive so it will be 2 weeks before I get them due to some business I have to take care of.. 2 are mine.. 2 are for my brother in law..

As mentioned.. ditch the filters... even though I love a great briar or morta pipe.. the MM Cob is up there in my favorites list and smoked often..

enjoy
james

Great choice! As suggested above, check out the cob treatise on this site. Has about every thing you need to know. Yah, chuck the filters. Some pipers say cobs tend to smother aros. I don't know as that's so, especially if you break them in with a bit of care. Enjoy!

Yes enjoying the MM. Even got one for my brother.

Got my second briar today an Armellini. My first is a Peterson Aran but really needed a second briar. Can't say it will be the last.
Looking forward to enjoying a bowl later this evening as it came with my mail order baccy. Got Samuel Gawith Balkan Flake heard good things about it.