Got My Tin of the S. Gawith

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallSmoke

Reaction score
So I won this Samuel Gawith "Scotch Cut Mixture" Limited Edition Chicago 2009 100g tin. (Thanks again, Winslow. It came in today!)

Here's the question: What do I do with it?

Obviously at some point I'll smoke it. (?) But is it ready to burn now? Should I cellar it a bit first? Keep it as a trophy? Only 500 were made. I'm almost scared to smoke it. I wish you guys all lived closer. I'd love to share it. Maybe some of my Raleigh area brothers would love a smoke sometime?

So, no reviews on tobaccoreviews.com. What say ye, those who may have gotten one of the other 499 or anyone who knows about it?

Toughy.

Age certainly won't hurt it.

At the same time, Gawith have been around for like 300 years, so I doubt they picked this tobacco last month, you know? My guess is that it would be ready now. And as a topped tobacco with some cavendish, it probably won't improve hugely....

I say smoke it and enjoy it. After all... it is just a tin of tobacco.... if it's not that good, it won't ever be worth $20,000. If it IS that good.... smoke it and enjoy it.

Just my .02.

TallSmoke":1o5jai6i said:
So I won this Samuel Gawith "Scotch Cut Mixture" Limited Edition Chicago 2009 100g tin. (Thanks again, Winslow. It came in today!)

Here's the question: What do I do with it?

Obviously at some point I'll smoke it. (?) But is it ready to burn now? Should I cellar it a bit first? Keep it as a trophy? Only 500 were made. I'm almost scared to smoke it. I wish you guys all lived closer. I'd love to share it. Maybe some of my Raleigh area brothers would love a smoke sometime?

So, no reviews on tobaccoreviews.com. What say ye, those who may have gotten one of the other 499 or anyone who knows about it?
I have a suggestion, look at my 'handle' and it might give you a clue, no, that's just too crass even for me :cheers: :lol!:

I would smoke it. I've built a decent cellar, not the size or organization that you guys have. My goal is to have enough cellared for retirement though with the economy the way it is and geared towards, people like me may never retire.

Recently, I've been thinking to myself, why cellar so much tobacco that I cannot finish in my lifetime?

So yeah, I would smoke it.

TallSmoke":u82zxit7 said:
I would suggest being the first to review it on TR. Do be sure to snap a digital photo to upload with your 'request' to list it first. Jon is normally fairly quick on getting such new 'requests' up (and with the new image upload feature, it is often real quick), and once it is there you can then be the first to review it. Just be sure to add a note describing the limited nature of the tin, etc. - an archive for the future.

I am sure you will enjoy it at some point anyway whatever you decide to do with it now or later.

Cheers!

You have been gifted with a dilema :twisted: Enjoy!

Winslow :sunny: