Got this lighter for free! Need some help identifying it.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olle0047

Reaction score
Hi! Got this one from a friend of mine, he bought it from ebay a few weeks ago.
It has a spark but it doesent ignite the gas, have ordered a new battery for it, it uses a 12v vr22 battery.
Anyone know who made it? And how to get the insert out? Want to clean up the flame/ignition parts.
DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

It appears that a jewelers philips screwdriver should do the trick on the insert. As for the maker, I'll leave that to someone with more experience.

Wops, seems i didnt get the last part of this, was in a hurry to get to work :) After opening the bottom, this is where i get:
DSC_0053.jpg

Cant seem to get out the insert any way. Seems the gas tank is soldered brass or copper instead of plastic, seems like quality work. Found that we sell batteries for this thing at work and with a new battery it works fine! Seems to hold a shitload of gas this thing, adjusted the "flame" to maximum and let all the gas drain out. Took 1,5 minutes even thoug i could see the gas escaping :O This thing must have been ready to blow :S

Oh well, found the maker! Its as it says on the bottom: Win. made in Japan. Seems they made a lot of different lighters for pipes and others. already ordered 3 different other pipe lighters from them :)