GQ tobaccos chocolate and vanilla ( aro latakia)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitobi

Reaction score
had 3 bowls of this blend so far. I know my palette is not as sophisticated or trained as many of you gentleman, but ill try to give my initial impressions.

I have never knowingly tried latakia before so this was a learning curve for me. the tobacco itself is predominantly dark with golden streaks of ribbon running throughout, also with a good moisture content, no drying required and took a light instantly.

the pouch smell when opening smelled of an earthy smokiness, but on deeper inhalation there was a definite plummy sweetness that was more evident on the retro hale , this isn't as latakia heavy as I have read about ( camp fire smokiness) but its certainly there.

the first bowl was interesting I had to stop what I was doing ( watering tomato plants) and took a moments thought, the rich creamy sweetness was there, no flavours were dominant but I could pick out resemblances of chocolate bitterness, vanilla sweetness and somewhere in the middle joining them together was the latakia as a mellow smokiness.

2nd and 3rd bowls affirmed the same, a velvety smooth smoke where no dominant flavour marched across your palette but all of them were in harmony, and all of them lasted to the end of the bowl which burned to a fine grey ash with no moisture present.

no bite at all in any bowl.

smoked in a MM cob, Missouri Pride

purchased from GQ tobaccos UK