Grabow Omega

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APKurt

Reaction score
I had a camping trip planned to Joshua Tree NP this weekend. While I was picking up some ice and beer for the trip I saw a decent looking Dr. Grabow Omega behind the counter. I decided I needed a new camping pipe  :lol: so I added my first Grabow to my collection. I was pleasantly surprised by what a great smoker it was! I have a feeling that pipe and I will enjoy many great camping trips together in the future  :D 

And, of course, Joshua Tree was fantastic!
f34d854d0bcd0ce1cda20a80c0f094b8.jpg

f4de6a84fb164c0e49b222d4959bbef4.jpg

And without a Joshua Tree insight!  ;) 

I saw the Joshua Trees when I visited my Uncle (who at the time was stationed at 29 Palms)

Cool pictures!

Amazing landscape for sure, but I wouldn't like to be there in the middle of summer.
Thanks for the great photos, and hopefully you have that Grabow all broken in by now.
 :D 

There are Joshua trees WAY off in the distance there :)   Not a great spot in the summer, for sure, but the weather is perfect this time of year!

I did my best to break the Omega in.   I have heard that you're supposed to let a pipe rest between smokes, but I figured as long as I kept reloading it then that counts as one long continuous smoke  :D   

I wanted to take a pipe camping with me that I wasn't going to worry about getting damaged or lost.  The Grabow fit the bill.  My expectations were pretty low but it smoked very cool and flavorful.  Of course the setting may have contributed to my overall enjoyment  :)

I've got two Omegas and take them on my walks if I don't take a cob. They're good reading pipes too. One likes latakia and the other likes virginias.

Great pics of a great place. Haven't been there since I was knee high to a scorpion though. Glad to hear you're enjoying your Grabow. Yeah there cheap but they are great beater pipes and all the ones I've had have been decent smokers.

Jim