Great pipe collaboration!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertpiper

Reaction score
Following is a small time lapse photo array of a pipe I had carved for me. It started as a 3-D model of a pipe and some pic's posted on bob. Now, I created these 3-D solid models to improve my engineering modeling skills. But master carver Todd suggested that I actually wanted this pipe carved. And wouldn't you know he was right. We communicated back and fourth and created a great pipe. The pipe is absolutely stunning! and smokes as good as it looks. I have to thank Todd for a outstanding job! We communicated well and this is the end result. Enjoy the pictures!

So, let me know what you think. or better yet let Todd know what a awesome job he did.

Interesting concept, love the technical drawings. The pipe speaks for itself, very clean lines, love the birdseye pattern on the rim of the bowl. Looks like he took your images and gave them life in the form of an amazing pipe. The stem, wow, I could just stare at it on it's own for a while. Great collaboration!!

Fatman":d0czmgur said:
Interesting concept, love the technical drawings. The pipe speaks for itself, very clean lines, love the birdseye pattern on the rim of the bowl. Looks like he took your images and gave them life in the form of an amazing pipe. The stem, wow, I could just stare at it on it's own for a while. Great collaboration!!
That stem took several days of searching to pick out. The pictures don't do it justice. He also made me a cumberland stem for it as well.

Amazing!
This is easily the coolest thing I've seen in a while.
Your model is fantastic, and Todd nailed it!

Very cool!

Birds Eye sometimes makes me think of Dante's Inferno. Like faces in the flames.

I love to see it on the rim. :lol:

Slide":4ug4qtv6 said:
Very cool!

Birds Eye sometimes makes me think of Dante's Inferno. Like faces in the flames.

I love to see it on the rim. :lol:
One of the features I really wanted was Birdseye on the rim and the surface were the stem goes in. I would have preferred good Birdseye and rustication to a good grain. As you can see Todd delivered.

Fatman":2thwpxco said:
The stem material is: Earths Core RhinoPlastic Acrylic Pen Blank.

Harlock999":tea39q58 said:
Amazing!
This is easily the coolest thing I've seen in a while.
Your model is fantastic, and Todd nailed it!
This.

Very stunning pipe. Todd's gonna scoff at my janky MS-Paint designs now. :lol:

8)

Silence2477":lgeli5km said:
That's amazing, from 3rd art work to actual pipe. The pipe is stunning!
Not quite art work. Actual 3-d solid models. the models have mass, volume, material. I could give these models to a 5 axis machining center and create the same pipe from any number of materials. But hand made would still be better.

This is amazing. I really enjoy free hands, but I'm not especially a fan of rusticated versions or the plateau finishing that tends to be so common. This one is right up my alley. Great design and great work. Thanks for sharing it.

That is a very cool pipe. I really love the grain on the rim of the bowl.

Ed