Great Places For Tobacco Testing ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velveteagle

Reaction score
I was just thinking on not so many days ago I was doing a bit of camping and kayaking in the great up north woods. On a beautiful river with friends. Many of types of drinks and food. Oh yes and of course all the time in the world to ponder the taste of un tested blends of pipe smoke. Burning some carbon in pipes seemed to make the backy taste all the better.. Here are two of my friends showing off a fly caught Brown Trout. Just wanted to share a perfect place to enjoy a pipe and tobacco and friends.. Life is each moment we take to ponder its subtle beauty.. :D :D :D
Chuck

Dang VE, there you go again, I warned you last time that posting pics like that may cause me to lose my job!!!!!
Brilliant bud, I am sure a pipe will go down well with that lot.
That is a beautiful brown the boys hooked there!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Muddler, screw work lets go fly fishing buddy!!!.......and get fired in he process!!!! :cheers:

Yeah, neither of you have a pipe in your mouth? :shock:

How did the fish taste?

hobie1dog":5ykwr0eu said:
Yeah, neither of you have a pipe in your mouth? :shock:

How did the fish taste?
These guys don't smoke a pipe yet !! One chews the other smokes Cigars. Cousin and Friend of mine. The fish was cooked on the grill with all the trimmings.. It smelled fantastic and tasted better.. There were about 20 people there drinking and eating , talking it up.. Small portions were shared to all. I was the sole pipe smoker up there.. My Son and I share talks over a pipe while he is visiting here at home.. Before too long I will be out ice fishing for fresh Blue Gills and more with my pipe glowing in the icy tundra.. Are ya day dreaming now Piet ??? :)
Chuck..

I'll be fly fishing with my dad in October, already trying to plan a pipe tobacco menu for the weekend!

Man, that looks great! Really nice brown too. OK Piet, it's high time we hit the water.

Fresh Blue Gills? My favorite :bounce: Better than sex (only because it takes longer to eat a mess of them than sex does) :p

sunfish.jpg

hobie1dog":q7ubjg13 said:
Fresh Blue Gills? My favorite :bounce: Better than sex (only because it takes longer to eat them than sex) :p
I know it takes me longer to clean enough 'gills to make it worth cooking them, but .....

hope you meant eating a mess of them

:)

Being out in a boat ( by yourself ) and fishing.....and pipe smoking is right up there with the best things in life. :D

Muddler":dzf035ro said:
Man, that looks great! Really nice brown too. OK Piet, it's high time we hit the water.
Mudd, I'll be in trout country on the 20th, thinking of hitting up a day or two earlier before the festival in Nelspruit, lets talk!
Chuck has got me going now............... we need to better or equal that pic bro!!

Lupulus":iloxp4uu said:
Wow, beautiful fish! I am jealous.
Ahh now Lupulus.. A few years ago I was up in your beautiful state with my Cousin on a time share on a beautiful lake that had a big dam. ( Lake Shore Village Resort ) We caught our limit each time we went out on Rainbows and Browns. Oh it was just going backwards with a trolling motor and dragging some night crawler harnesses. Nice cabins too.. You know the lake !!! 20ft max depth I believe... :?: :?:
Chuck..

Piet, is that one of those rare and hard to catch rubberlip golden trout? :bounce:

Centurian 803":aj65cyp0 said:
Piet, is that one of those rare and hard to catch rubberlip golden trout? :bounce:
Yea Centurian.......
13.2 KG mirror Carp, but I like the sound of a rare rubber lip golden trout !!! :pale:

Yea Centurian.......
13.2 KG mirror Carp, but I like the sound of a rare rubber lip golden trout !!! :pale: [/quote]

Hey Piet.. Looks like it was a great time.. Someday when this money tree starts putting out I will fly over to your part of the world and we can wet a line or two.. And I will bring about 10 pounds of SG FVF with me for us to burn.. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Chuck...

Hey Piet !!!
Found another stream that will take your mind away and make you grip the pipe to stay in place. This baby is full of Cut Throat Trout. Porkypine Mountain State Park in our Upper Peninsula. Primitive camping and walking trails forever.. Oh and Bears.. :lol!:
Took this picture and it was magic...

Unfortunately, I can't smoke while I fish.
I was 130 feet under water when I shot this one.

Whoa Hermit.. Now that looks like a real hand full.. Your mixing gases at that level ? Nice shot..
Chuck.. :cheers:

velveteagle":0zbqq9rs said:
Your mixing gases at that level ?
No, air is still safe at that depth.
Although, it kinda feels like two or three martinis. :lol!:

I know a lot of guys who go way deeper
and shoot much bigger fish. Not me.