Greater Kansas City Pipe & Tobacco Show - 2010

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erratum

Reaction score
Just a heads up that the KC show is back this June !!

June 26th & 27th, 2010

After an unwanted 2-year hiatus, the show has now been moved to the last weekend in June, 2010. There will be a tent for smoking & socializing due to KC smoking restrictions. The 2010 show, put of by the Greater Kansas City Pipe Club, will spotlight American carvers & there looks to be some pretty cool events planned.

NEW THIS YEAR! Open to pipe makers in North America. Winners
will be featured in Pipes and Tobaccos Magazine. There will be a
special raffle to win a 7 day set of these pipes.

Location is the same as years back & posted below.

More can be found at the Greater Kansas City Pipe Club web sitehttp://www.gkcpipeclub.com/Default.aspx?pageId=531540

11730 N. Ambassador Dr.
Kansas City, MO 64153

Hotel: KCI Airport Holiday Inn 11728 NW. Ambassador Dr.
Kansas City, MO 64153
816-801-8400
www.holidayinn.com/kciairport
[email protected]

Only a couple of short weeks away.

A list of carvers that are submitting pipes for the pipe carving contest are as follows ...

Kevin Arthur
Dan Chlebove
John Crosby
Adam Davidson
Rad Davis
Bob Davison
John Eells
Lee E. Erck
Tony Fillenwarth
Alex Florov
Bob Gilbert
Jeff Gracik
Anthony Harris
Jaden Hew-Len
Kurt Huhn
Maigurs Knets
Rich Lewis
Michael Lindner
Andrew Marks
Rolando Negoita
Joe Nelson
Tonni Nielson
Mike Olsen
Bob Oswald
Michael Parks
Andrew Petersen
Will Purdy
Thomas James Richards
Colin Rigsby
Jon Rinaldi
Brian Ruthenberg
Marty Simm
Joseph Skoda
Bob Swanson
Scott Thile
Bruce Weaver
Gunnar Weber-Prada
Quinton Wells

... A 7-day set of the top 7 pipes from the contest is to be raffled of at the show.

Hope to see some folks from here in KC !

Wow! That's a nice group of all stars for the contest! Wish I could come out there!

Sure hope some of the BoB's can make it to the KC show. I have not been too active in the local club for the past few years but will definitely be at the show.

Anyone who is heading this way, let me know and I will do what I can to help you have an enjoyable visit while you are here.

I was hoping to make it to this show until a recent change of plans. Maybe next year :?: Let us know how the show goes!

One-Week-Away bump

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

If you plan to attend, would like a table, or would like to enter the slow smoke contest (may as well ... you'll have at least me beat), you can register on the GKCPC web site at http://www.gkcpipeclub.com/Event_Registration

Of course, you can also just show up .... I *really* hope to see some of you that I've not seen in a while, make it out.

I attended this back in June.

Not too bad- the thing that sucked was not allowing people to smoke at the show. It's always fun going outside to a tent and attempting to light a pipe in high wind, 90 deg heat plus high humidity.

Ah well, I enjoyed it anyway, even walked away with two pipes...

Until next year.

Matt